Arkamin 100 Mcg
USA Brand Name
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Arkamin 100 Mcg (Clonidine HCl)
What Is The Generic Name For Arkamin 100 mcg?
Clonidine HCl is the generic version for Arkamin 100 mcg.
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Arkamin 100 Mcg (Clonidine HCl)?
About Arkamin 100 Mcg (Clonidine HCl)
Arkamin 100mg contains an active salt, Clonidine HCl, which lowers the Blood Pressure by decreasing some chemicals in your blood. This allows the blood vessels to relax and heart to beat slowly and smoothly. It is easily available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. This capsule can be given on a doctor’s prescription only.
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is one of the top leading pharmaceutical company which manufactures Arkamin 100 mcg.
Arkamin 100 Mcg contains an active ingredient, Clonidine, 87 mcg as a free base per tablet. It is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Arkamin 100 Mcg (Clonidine HCl)?
Arkamin 100 Mcg is used for lowering the blood pressure and slows down the heart beats. It is used in:
- Opioid Withdrawal
- Other complications related to Heart and Blood vessels.
How The Arkamin 100 Mcg (Clonidine HCl) Works?
Arkamin 100 Mcg basically contains Clonidine HCl which reduces blood pressure by decreasing a chemical in the blood and relaxes the blood vessels and slows down the heart beats. It comes in various strengths and you are always advised to follow your doctor’s prescription.
Before You Use The Arkamin 100 Mcg (Clonidine HCl)
- You must be sure that you are not taking alcohol.
- Consult your doctor to take this medicine in blood circulation disease
- You must not drive and do some machine work which needs you alertness
- You must be sure that you are not having any other complicated disease.
- You must be sure that your doctor knows about your medical history (time and condition of all the disease you are suffering from, and all the medicines you are taking for the treatment).
What Should You Avoid While Taking The Arkamin 100 Mcg (Clonidine HCl)?
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid driving and doing activities which need your alertness as this medicine makes you feel Sleepy and Dizzy
- Other Medicines without a doctor’s consultation
When Not To Use Arkamin 100 Mcg (Clonidine HCl)?
You should not take Arkamin 100 Mcg if you:
- Are Allergic to Clonidine
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Have Liver or Kidney Disease
- Are having any Heart diseases (Slow Heart Rate)
- Are Driving
Tell Your Doctor If You
- Have drug allergy
- Are taking other medicines and supplements
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Have any Heart-Related Problems
- Have Kidney/Liver Disease
- Have Raynaud’s Disease or another disease
Arkamin 100 mcg is potent medicine for the treatment of Hypertension. It should be taken by the patients of blood pressure and only as prescribed by the doctor.
It should not be given to the patients below the age of 18 years. You can take it twice or thrice a day as prescribed with or without food but at fixed times.
How Much Of The Arkamin 100 Mcg (Clonidine HCl) to Be Used?
Arkamin 100 Mcg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to take Arkamin 100 Mcg depending on the severity of the disease. It is preferable to follow your doctor’s instructions and prescriptions only.
How To Take The Arkamin 100 Mcg (Clonidine HCl)?
Arkamin 100 Mcg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the Arkamin 100 Mcg as a whole with water. Do not try to chew and crush it. It is better to take this tablet with food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using an Arkamin 100 Mcg (Clonidine HCl)?
You are always advised to take Arkamin 100 Mcg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor. Don’t take it in a smaller or larger amount or for longer than prescribed. It may take a few weeks to show improvements in the patients.
You should contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Arkamin 100 Mcg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Arkamin 100 mcg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip its dose if it is the time for the next dose but do not take two doses at a single time.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Arkamin 100 Mcg (Clonidine HCl)?
There is a list of side effects which may sometimes be serious or not. You may have these side effects or not:
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Orthostatic Symptoms
- Dry mouth
- Reynaud’s Phenomenon
- Weight gain
- Leg Cramps
- Abdominal and Joint Pain
- Blurred Vision
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Over the counter medicines and other food, supplements have been reported to interact with Arkamin 100 mcg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication, vitamins, herbal supplements to prevent yourself from unwanted effects of medicines. Arkamin is reported to interact with the following medicines:
- Beta Blockers
- Calcium channel blockers
- Tricyclic Antidepressants
Warning And Precaution
- You should always consult with your doctor for the medicines to save yourselves from adverse drug reactions. You should follow the instructions carefully.
- You should avoid alcohol
- Patients having liver and kidney disease should use it cautiously as prescribed
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women should use it cautiously as prescribed
- Keep out of reach of children
Things To Remember
Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Capsule.
- If you report any side effect just contact your doctor.
- Do not stop using Arkamin suddenly as it may cause Withdrawal symptoms.
Store Arkamin tablets in dry and dark place. Make sure the capsule strip should be intact and are not damaged.