Pregnancy is the time when the world around you and the world in your head is filled with everything jubilant. The prospect of a new life developing in the womb that is soon to become the youngest member in the family is nothing less than a flood of mixed emotions. There are abundant care and pampering that surrounds the mother-to-be and the best thing to do with all of it is to follow them. For a healthy and safe maternal experience, it is important that the mother should take every possible precaution there is to ensure the safety of the little bud and follow every tip there is to keep the child healthy.
Having said that, here are the tips-
Take Prenatal Vitamins: It is an important thing to do. Pregnant women are always prescribed to go for prenatal vitamins. Even when you are trying to conceive, it’s good to start taking these vitamins. The reason is that your baby’s neural cord, that becomes the brain and spinal cord, develops within the first month of the gestation period. Some essential nutrients involve folic acid, calcium, iron that you should take as soon as you get the news that you are expecting. These drugs are also available over the counter at an online pharmacy.
- Do not stop exercising: Just because you are pregnant, doesn’t mean you should stop exercising. In fact, it is good to do some light exercises during your pregnancy. It helps in reducing back pain as well as labor pain. It is also beneficial in adding muscle tone.
- Get ample sleep: Insufficient sleep could affect the development of the baby as well. Your unborn baby needs proper rest. It is important to sleep early and follow a regular bedtime routine so that you could get ample rest.
- Educate yourself: You might have heard this saying, “A little knowledge is a dangerous thing”, so it’s important to keep yourself educated, in order to get rid of all the misconceptions that you had while in your pregnancy period.
- Diet: Though, it is always recommended to eat good food, when in your pregnancy you should take some special care. Try to include food items that have low cholesterol levels and low sugar. Eat more green leafy vegetables, fruits in your diet.
Don’ts to take care of in pregnancy:
Don’t smoke or drink alcohol: It is strictly recommended not to drink alcohol or smoke, as it is hazardous to the health. All sorts of medical condition could persist if you do not stop these harmful habits.
Stop taking drugs: If you take drugs like cocaine, morphine, etc, it can cause serious medical conditions, that may affect your pregnancy. In that case, it is necessary to talk to your doctor about what can be done to combat the problem.
- Don’t starve in pregnancy: If you think that dieting is the solution if you are putting on some weight, it is necessary to rethink. When you eat, your baby also gets nutrients for its development. So, never go on a diet as it will affect the growth of your baby as well.
That’s what you should and should not do. Share it with your friends and family to spread awareness. Stay healthy, stay fit.