Giving your body food items that boost your health is an important thing. Your immune system plays an important role in defending you against disease-causing microorganisms. But sometimes, even it fails, in that case, a germ invades successfully and can make you sick. You need to intervene in the process and boost your immune system. The idea of boosting your immune system has always been enticing, but the idea has also been elusive for various other reasons. Your first line of defense should be choosing a healthy lifestyle. This single step can take you towards naturally keeping your immune system healthy as well as strong.
Some strategies that can give a boost to your immune system include:
- Do not smoke
- Exercise regularly
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Get ample sleep
- Try to minimize stress
There are some power foods as well that play a major role in fostering the immune system:
1. Citrus Fruits: Most people turn to vitamin C after they are caught with cold. This is because it is helpful in building the immune system. It is helpful in increasing the production of white blood cells. They fight infections as well. Some of the fruits include oranges, tangerines, clementines, lemons, limes etc. Almost all citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C, so it is easy to squeeze this vitamin in a glass of water and take it.
2. Broccoli: Supercharged with vitamins and minerals, broccoli is packed with Vitamin A, C, E along with other antioxidants and fibers. It is one of the healthiest vegetables that you can find in the market. If you want to keep its power intact, it’s better to cook it as little as possible.
3. Ginger: An important ingredient that most prefer as they fell sick is ginger. It decreases inflammation that is helpful in decreasing inflammation as well as soreness. It may also decrease nausea. It is also used in various sweet desserts, as it packs some heat in the form of gingerol which is a relative of capsaicin. This magical root decreases chronic pain and also possess cholesterol-lowering properties.
4. Yogurt: A great food item that stimulates your immune system to help combat diseases is yogurt. It is also called “good bacteria” that helps in improving digestion. It has Vitamin D, that helps in regulating the immune system as well as boost the body’s natural defenses against any kind of diseases.
5. Garlic: You can find garlic in almost every cuisine. It adds a little zing and is a must-have in your diet. It may help lower blood pressure and also slow down the hardening of the arteries. It contains an active ingredient allicin that fights all harmful bacteria as well as infections.
6. Turmeric: It is the key ingredient in various kinds of curries. This spice has anti-inflammatory properties that could treat rheumatoid arthritis as well as osteoarthritis. With a high concentration of curcumin, turmeric has a distinctive color which decreases exercise-induced muscle damage.
These magical 6 remedies have been proved beneficial in improving the rate of metabolism in the body as well as boosting the immune system.