Do you know that there are some food items that are killing you slowly but still you have no idea about it? Most of us have a number of the foods on our menu that we regularly take but are unaware of its harmful effects. Some might be a deadly combo for you, therefore it is high time to make changes in your diet if you want to live a long and healthy life. Some food may lead to high blood pressure, heart disease, Alzheimer’s, diabetes and even cancer. We can’t forget obesity and anxiety as well. The prevalence rate of people dying from these conditions is also pretty high.
It is important to avoid these 7 food items in order to live a happy life:
1. Canned tomato sauce: It is a killer in disguise. It has a hidden source of sugar that hampers your whole body system. It would never cross your mind that even canned tomato sauce could cause some harmful effects on the body. With the intake, your body may develop the risk of obesity, tooth decay, diabetes, heart disease etc. If you are thinking to top your pasta or spaghetti with the tomato sauce, it is better to use the freshly homemade sauce for least health complications instead of taking the canned tomato sauce.
2. Artificial sweeteners: There are various types of artificial sugar like saccharine, neotame, aspartame etc that although contain fewer calories but have been linked to low and zero calorie foods. It results to the heightened risk of metabolic syndrome, Type 2 diabetes, weight gain as well as cardiovascular disease. If you really need a touch of sweetness, use syrup, honey or maple syrup.
3. Whole dairy products: Milk is the first fruit that is given to the body when it comes to life. But mother’s milk is much different than the milk of a cow. As we age, we develop lactose intolerance. Dairy Products are usually linked to migraines, arthritis, cancer, allergies as well as asthma. This is why switch to coconut or almond milk that not only tastes good but won’t slowly kill you also.
4. Potato Chips: Any item of potato which is deep fried is like a monster that will eat up your metabolism rate slowly and make you more prone to diseases like obesity, high blood pressure etc.
5. Barbecued Meat: Its smell might be irresistible but the chemicals that enter your body are associated with the risk of pancreatic cancer as well as breast cancer. If you can’t complete restrict it, you can limit the intake to reduce the number of carcinogens.
6. Energy Bars: It might be necessary for athletes as they need a quick burst of energy, but they are like calorie bombs. They contain a lot of sugar, preservatives, high fructose sugar syrup as well as trans fats. Try to avoid them as it may spike your blood sugar level. In other words, it’s actually like a ticking time bomb.
7. Fast Food: It tastes great and is fairly inexpensive. This is the reason most people grab it because it fulfils your hunger at a cheaper price. But what you don’t know is that it contains sugar, salt, trans-sugar, preservatives, dyes, additives etc. They affect your risk of diabetes, cardiovascular disease, metabolic disorders etc. So, it’s advised to avoid fast food if you want to stay healthy for a longer period of time.
These are the 7 food items that if you avoid can benefit you in many ways. So, share it with your friends and family to share awareness. Stay Fit Stay Healthy.