If you are a mother-to-be and you love traveling, there is nothing to be scared of it. You just need to make sure with your doctor that you are completely fit and healthy to travel. You do not have any complications in your pregnancy. Be sure to discuss with him your air travel and extended trips ahead of time. According to most of the airlines, they restrict you to travel after 36 weeks but until then, feel free and travel more. Traveling with a baby bump can sometimes be a little tiring and uncomfortable thing. It is also difficult to travel with baggy maternity clothes that take half of the room in your bag. So, it is necessary to make a checklist for your traveling essentials and carry them with you to be ensured.
What to pack while flying?
- Pillow for the plane: It doesn’t matter whether you are pregnant or not, a pillow is always one thing that you must carry with you while you are traveling. You will be tired, so to make the most of every opportunity to nap and save all your energy for the fun part of traveling. Just pack a comfortable pillow and take a relaxing nap.
- Letter from your doctor: If you are a pregnant woman, always keep the docs letter with you in your bag. Once you reach 28 weeks of pregnancy, it must be made sure by him that you are fit to travel in the state.
- Easy to wheel luggage: Firstly you must make sure that you have not overpacked for your trip because you don’t want to hurt your back for carrying it around. Also, make sure that your case is light and easy to wheel anywhere so your journey could be simpler and enjoyable.
- Flight Socks: They are very practical to wear. They might not look sexy but are extremely comfortable. During pregnancy, you might feel that your feet are swollen and so are your ankles, so it is necessary to wear flight socks that give you a sense of relief.
- Water Bottle: One of the most important things about pregnancy, when you are traveling is staying hydrated. Therefore, it is strongly recommended to always carry a water bottle with you. Vapur Water Bottles are mostly preferred as they don’t take much space. You could just roll them up after finishing and slide it into any corner of your backpack.
- Heartburn tablets: Among pregnant women, heartburn is a common complaint. It could get worse by cramps and plane food. This is why keep some tablets or sachets for heartburn.
- Be prepared for the weather: Keep a check already on what kind of weather is there if you are going international. Keep clothes according to it. Keep more comfy clothes.
- Immunization: It is necessary to take all the immunization from your healthcare provider and also carry the report.
These are some essentials that a pregnant woman must carry with her. So, if you are having a baby and planning a trip, keep these things in your mind and do the packing. Stay safe and stay fit and share it with your friends and family.