I like acne on my skin, said no one ever. Clear skin is the reflection of healthy body functioning. And if there is a dermatological disorder, chances are that either there is something going wrong inside you, or just that your skin isn’t getting enough care and hygiene that it deserves. A skin disorder that is fatal not for your body but confidence, it occurs when hair follicles are clogged with the dead skin cells. However, there is not just one reason that contributes to the build-up of acne, in fact, the list is really long ranging from hormonal imbalance to foreign factors like pollution.
Before we discuss the measures you can take personally to reduce the outburst of acne, here are the reasons why your skin often develops the dermatological disorder that is despised by everyone.
FACTOR LEADING TO ACNE :
1. Hormonal disorder
Hormonal acne is the most common among adults. When one reaches the age of puberty, the body produces hormones which are known as androgens. These androgens cause the enlargement of sebaceous glands which are present in the pres of the skin. When sebaceous glands produce extra oil, it mixes with dead skin and blocks the pores. When bacterias multiply within these blocked pores, acne breakout. Acne is mostly suffered by teenagers as that is the age when hormonal shifts associated with puberty takes place. Also, in females, hormonal change during the menstrual cycle or pregnancy can also be the reason for the sudden breakout of acne.
When you are under stress you may witness a sudden breakout of acne. According to studies, the stress of our daily lives increases the risk of acne and psychological stress can be the main triggering factor that influences acne. Also, psychological stress can alter the immune functions of the skin and affects the skin. It can lead to skin inflammatory disease such as acne. Corticotropin-releasing hormone is also an important aspect of the development of acne. Corticotropin is a peptide hormone that is involved in the stress response and it is associated with the human skin. There are many evidences that prove that stress is highly associated with the production of hormones that influences acne.
According to many researchers what we eat and how much we eat is associated with the acne breakouts. The role of food in the sudden breakouts is not surprising as chocolates, fatty foods, foods with high sugar have always been nominated for the cause of acne. There is no doubt in saying that the severity of acne is correlated with facial sebum secretion as it is considered as a major factor in the development of acne. Foods that are high in fat produces more facial sebum by increasing the blood lipid levels and this exacerbates acne. As per studies, food with high glycemic index has also been associated with acne. High glycemic index increases the androgen level that further increases the severity of acne.
Also Read: Add greens to your diet - Coriander
Every now and then many cosmetic creams are being introduced in the market. It is vital to ensure that you purchase a product that suits your skin type. Most of the creams that are available in a market are meant for a particular skin type such as for the people who have dry skin often prefer the cream that is moisturized whereas an oily face prefers less moisturized products. Therefore selecting a correct cream for the face is important and can reduce the risk of affecting from it. Certain cosmetics can cause acne or can make it worse. Every product that is available in the market can be good or bad for the skin, so it is the duty of the customer to find out good ones.
Yes!! Medication can also be the reason for the sudden breakouts. If you are high on medicines then it increases the risk of suffering from acne. There are many medicines that contain ingredients that can lead to breakouts such as bromides and iodides are known to cause acne. All cases of acne are not related to drugs but medication is one of the factors that may lead to it.
REMEDIES FOR ACNE:
- Ice: It is the most effective way to reduce the spots of acne. It quickly lessens the redness, inflammations, and swelling caused by acne. It makes the circulation of blood smooth and tightens the pores. All the dirt is removed from the skin and oil is accumulated from it. You can apply ice by either using it as cubes or crushing it. One thing that you must keep in mind is not to put ice directly on the skin. Cover it with a cloth then apply it.
- Apply Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple Cider Vinegar is so beneficial for the skin. It kills the bacteria by returning the acidity to the skin. It is helpful in removing the excess dirt, oil, and makeup from the skin resulting in the acne free skin. It contains various organic acid that has been proved to kill bacteria. It suppresses inflammation and also prevents the appearance of scars. All you have to do is mix 1 part of apple cider vinegar and 3 parts of water. If you have sensitive skin, you can use more water. After cleansing, gently apply the mixture with a cotton ball. Let it rest for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it and pat it dry. Repeat the process 1-2 times a day for better results.
- Tea Tree Oil: It is an excellent remedy for treating acne. The antibacterial property present in it helps to fight the bacteria which are responsible for causing skin problems. Its soothing effects are also helpful in reducing the pimples and redness caused by them. All you have to do is dip a cotton ball in it, and dab it on the affected area.Rinse your face after around 15-20 minutes. You can also mix it with aloe vera gel and apply it on your pimples and blemishes to get the better results.
- Green Tea: It has high antioxidants that are helpful in fighting bacteria and reducing inflammation. It also promotes good health. It reduces the production of sebum secretion. You can boil the green tea in water. Let it cool for some time. With the help of the cotton ball, apply it on the skin. You can also spray it on the face. Let it dry for some time and then rinse your face.
- Aloe Vera: It contains two of the hormones called Auxin and Gibberellin that provide the wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties responsible for reducing skin inflammation. It is available in gel form. Also added to lotions, creams, ointments, soaps, it treats acne, scars, burns and other skin conditions. You can scrape the gel from the plant with a spoon. Apply it directly on the skin as a moisturizer. Repeat one to two times in a day.
- Regular Exfoliation: It is the process of removing the layer of dead skin cells from the skin. It must be done regularly to get rid of cells that damage the skin. The skin cells that clog pores are removed by regularly exfoliating the skin. To make a scrub at home, you can mix salt or sugar with coconut oil. Apply this mixture on skin and rinse well. Exfoliate as often as desired.
Tags: what is acne, acne home remedies, how to prevent acne, what foods cause acne, causes of pimples on face in adults
The unbeatable queen of sarcasm, if you come across a witty and intelligent read on Cheap Medicine Shop, just know that it is written by Natalie Wegan. A graduate in dental hygiene, Natalie is as good a writer as she is a mother of two. No matter how mundane the topic might sound, just know that if she is writing it, it’s gonna be a treat to read.