Sun salutation, also known as Surya namaskar is an ancient form of yoga and it is one of the oldest forms of exercise that are known to people. It is one of the most popular yoga postures, consisting of 12 sequences with each posture counteracting the preceding one and producing a balance between flexion and extension. It is performed with synchronized breathing and aerobic activity.
Multiple studies have been conducted and researchers have suggested that there are various health benefits of this exercise, but require the right execution. This yoga posture is combined with a sequence of proper breathing. The execution of this yoga posture should be rhythmic in nature and each posture and its transition should be executed in smooth cadence. Also, these postures should be performed with minimal jerks or ungainly movements.
Surya Namaskar is a series of postures that require a strict breathing pattern. It helps in revitalizing each and every cell of the body and provides physical strength, flexibility, and mental calmness. Practicing Surya Namaskar has various benefits to the human body such as all abdominal organs in the body gets toned, stomach and intestine are stretched and compressed causes the complete message to the organs, such that they function perfectly. Studies have stated that developing the practice of Surya Namaskar can make a lot of changes in our whole lifestyle and attitude to life. Along with physical benefits, Surya Namaskar also provides emotional and spiritual benefits. Some of the benefits of Surya namaskar are as follows:
- Emotions play an important role in an individual’s life in determining the quality of life. Surya namaskar helps to modify emotions. When emotions are affected, various things are affected such as self-confidence, self-worth, self-esteem, ability to express, and feel love towards self. Surya namaskar helps in dealing with all the changes that occur due to changes in emotions.
- We all know what stress is. Stress is very common and each one of us have experienced it at some point in life. Surya namaskar reduces tension to build up and promotes relaxation in the entire body. This yoga posture can also have a significant impact on the mood of an individual and due to this beneficial effect, Surya namaskar is known to have a positive contribution to the treatment of depression.
Also Read: If Beating Tummy Fat was Simple!
- Weight loss is another benefit of doing Surya namaskar. Doing Surya Namaskar on a regular basis can help in reducing excess weight around the stomach. It also helps in toning the arms and abs. It is an effective way to lose excess body fat, especially when it is done at a fast pace.
- Nowadays, menstrual problem is common. A large number of females complain of having menstrual problems. It has been believed that if you are facing problems with menstrual irregularity, then practicing Surya namaskar daily can help in treating this problem and it also promotes easy childbirth.
- Healthy glowing skin is everyone’s wish and practicing surya namaskar can help you fulfill your wish. Yes!! Surya namaskar promotes glowing skin and prevents the onset of wrinkles, making your skin look ageless and radiant.
- Sequence of surya namaskar involves immense stretching. Stretching and compression in the abdominal organs help in having normal functioning of the digestive system and reduces the risk of digestive problems such as constipation. Surya namaskar provides an individual with a good massage to the digestive organs and due to this massage the function of the organs is improved.
- Improper blood circulation in the body is one of the primary reason for various health problems. An adequate amount of oxygen-rich blood is required for the normal functioning of multiple organs in the body. Surya namaskar causes proper blood circulation to all the organs in the body and promotes a healthy life. It detoxifies the body and helps in getting rid of excess carbon dioxide and other toxic gases.
Surya namaskar is often known to promote sleep. It induces goodnight sleep. There are various factors that can have an effect on sleep, including physical as well as psychological factors. Surya namaskar is known to have a significant impact on almost all the factors that can affect sleep, such as stress. Stress is known to be the most common cause of impaired sleep. prolonged impaired sleep can cause sleep disorders.
Tags: Sun salutation for beginners, Mental benefits of surya namaskar, 108 Sun salutations benefits
Annie is the oldest writer at Cheap Medicine Shop and is the subject and publishing expert. She has a graduate degree in medicines along with a diploma in creative writing.