Everyone loves chocolate. There is no one who would ever say No to it. There are special benefits of dark chocolate. If you love to eat chocolate, that’s good but if you like dark chocolate, it’s even better. The next time you eat a piece of it, you don’t have to feel guilty about it. There are various health benefits associated with it. If you get to know about them, you will even start eating more of it. Made from topical theobroma cacao tree seeds, it is one of the most consumed food all across the world. An average American consumes roughly 12 pounds of chocolate every year and over $75 billion dollars is spent annually all over the world. Because of its high fat and sugar content, chocolate receives a lot of bad press. Its consumption has been associated with obesity, high blood pressure, acne as well as diabetes. However, according to the researchers, cocoa which is the key ingredient in chocolate contains biologically active phenolic components. The antioxidants present in the chocolate may have a range of health benefits.
1. Cancer Prevention: It may be hard to believe but dark chocolate plays a major role in cancer prevention. It has the cancer protective properties. It prevents the serious condition by preventing DNA change, lower inflammation, and also inhibit cell proliferation. Some human trials have also indicated that it reduces the activation of molecules that are known to be involved in the progression of cancer.
2. Improve heart health: The main type of flavonoids present in dark chocolate is flavanols. It has a very positive effect on heart health. It helps in lowering blood pressure and improve blood flow to the heart as well as the brain. It also helps in making blood platelet less sticky and give ablility to clot that reduces the risk of strokes. Regular consumption of dark chocolate has significantly reduced the rate of heart risks.
3. Cholesterol: The consumption of chocolate has been associated with lower risks of cholesterol. The cocoa butter found in it contains an equal amount of oleic acid which is a heart-healthy monounsaturated fat which is also found in olive oil. stearic and palmitic acid is the form of unsaturated fats. Therefore, it lowers cholesterol and improves blood pressure.
4. Nourishes Skin: Among the countless derivatives of cocoa beans, dark chocolate is one of them. It tastes bitter and not more popular among people but it is packed with potent antioxidants and contain various nutrients that will help you stay healthy and beautiful. It shields your skin effectively against the UV rays and also helps in preventing conditions like a sunburn as well as skin cancer. It gives you a smooth and problem-free complexion. It makes an excellent skin-detoxifier when combined with caffeine.
5. Improves Vision: Dark chocolate has an ability to improve blood flow. It boosts the vision. Rich in cacao, it also has antioxidants that retard and partially reverse degenerative changes in various diseases. It protects eyesight.
These benefits might be sufficient enough for you to start eating chocolate. But, also it is advisable to eat in moderation. Share it with your friends and family to create awareness. Eat chocolate and stay healthy.