Disorders of sexual dysfunction are common among men of all ages. Erectile dysfunction is one of the most common sexual dysfunction which affects millions of men each year. But according to the researchers, only thousands of them seek help from a physician. Although erectile dysfunction is very common, many a time it remains unrecognized because men do not feel comfortable in sharing their problem with their doctors.
Erectile dysfunction is defined as the inability of a man to sustain an erection that is sufficient enough to perform intercourse or ejaculation. It is popularly believed that aging is an inevitable cause of erectile dysfunction but it is important to understand that aging is not the only cause of this sexual dysfunctioning. The causes of erectile dysfunction are broken down into primary and secondary.
- Primary causes are associated with low androgen levels, genetic defects, and several psycho-pathology.
- Secondary causes are associated with diseases such as diabetes, atherosclerosis, neurological disorders, psychological issues etc.
Erectile function is a complex process. Sexual stimulation causes the release of nitric oxide from the nerve ending in the corpus cavernosum. In turn, nitric oxide leads to the release of cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP) which triggers the smooth muscle relaxation and allows the increased arterial inflow. Problems with an erection occur when cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP) is degraded by the phosphodiesterase type 5 enzymes.
Drugs to treat erectile dysfunction?
Phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors are said to be an effective and widely used oral therapy for erectile dysfunction. Viagra (Sildenafil), Cialis (Tadalafil) and Levitra (Vardenafil) are the most used and recommended PDE5 inhibitors to treat erectile dysfunction. Although the working of these PDE5 inhibitors is the same, each has unique features.
Also Read: 5 Important Elements Of Healthy Relationship
As stated above, penile erection during sexual stimulation is caused by increased penile blood flow that results from the relaxation of penile arteries and corpus cavernosal smooth muscle. This process is mediated by the synthesis of cGMP in smooth muscle cells. When cGMP is degraded by the phosphodiesterase type 5 enzymes, the problems with an erection occurs. Drugs that belong to phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors inhibit the enzymes and enhances erectile function by increasing the amount of cGMP.
Some of the drugs that can be used to treat erectile dysfunction are as follows:
1. Cenforce - It is a pill which has sildenafil as its active medical ingredient. Sildenafil is one of the best salt to treat erectile dysfunction and it works by blocking the degradation of cGMP enzyme. It improves the erection leading to better sexual activity. It is recommended that cenforce should be taken an hour before the food or two hours after taking the food. also, cenforce should be consumed half an hour before having sexual activity. The effects of this drug remain for around four to five hours after taking the drug.
2. Vidalista - It is a pill which has tadalafil as its main active medical ingredient. Tadalafil is highly effective. It is recommended to consume this drug an hour before sexual activity. The US brand names that are equivalent to tadalafil are adcirca and cialis. Although it is one of the recommended doses to treat erectile dysfunction, it is also used to treat other health problems such as pulmonary arterial hypertension and benign prostatic hyperplasia.
3. Vilitra - The main active medical ingredient that is present in vilitra is vardenafil. It is recommended to take vilitra 30 minutes or 60 minutes before having sexual activity.
Important instructions to follow
- Always consume the drug after consulting a doctor.
- Ensure that you are not allergic to any ingredient present in the drug.
- If you experience any serious side effect, consult a doctor immediately.
- Share your medical history with the doctor.
- Keep the drugs away from children.
- Read the instructions on the label carefully.
- Strictly avoid taking drugs without prescriptions.
It should be noted that there are certain medicines that are known to interact with phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitors. Always consult your doctor as the doctor can guide you about how and when you should take the drug. Also, share your medical history and the list of medicines you are taking with the doctor as under certain conditions, consuming PDE5 inhibitors are avoided such as if you recently had a stroke.
Tags: Best medicine for erectile dysfunction without side effects, Erectile dysfunction treatment options, Erectile dysfunction foods
Annie is the oldest writer at Cheap Medicine Shop and is the subject and publishing expert. She has a graduate degree in medicines along with a diploma in creative writing.