Too much fat in your body is termed as obesity. Obesity can give birth to various health medical conditions that could even be fatal for your body. In the United States, it is estimated that more than one-third of the population is in the obese condition.
Obesity brings you under the following health risks:
- Not being able to breathe normally while performing simple exercises. It can even make conditions such as COPD worsen.
- Fatty Liver Disease
- Pregnancy Issues
- Sleep Apnea
- Kidney Diseases
- Hardened Arteries
- High Blood Pressure
- Diabetes Mellitus
- The high amount of cholesterol level
What Is Obesity?
Obesity is when there is an accumulation of an excessive amount of fat in the body. Your BMI (body mass index) is not within the specified ratio. Your body mass index is calculated according to your height and weight. So if your doctor is telling you, that you are obese or overweight, its time to take things seriously.
Obesity can affect your health to a great ratio. Some of the problems that obesity can bring are as follows:
- High blood pressure
- Not being able to breathe properly
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Joint problems
- Type 2 diabetes
- Sleep apnea
Losing weight the healthy way can help you get rid of all these problems. Losing weight can bring you all the health benefits that you wish for. Improving your lifestyle, drinking less amount of alcohol, or not having saturated fat food can help you to lose weight quickly.
How Does Eradication Of The Excessive Fat Help The Patients?
Losing weight helps you in so many aspects that one can't even think of. For those who are suffering from any type of cardiovascular disease or diabetes mellitus. Shedding all the extra unwanted fat can help you some of the ways listed below:
- Help to improve the health of your eyes
- Help to manage pain better
- Boost up your chances of getting pregnant
- You will get better sleep
- Help you cut down on many unnecessary medications
- Have a better body image
- You won't have to spend hours and money on your health care
- Your bone health many are boosted up and you won't be at the risk of diseases such as osteoporosis or arthritis
- Better days at working out and easy exercises
- Fewer chances of cancer
- Improvement in your memory power
Also Read: The Fundamentals Of Pain Relief
How Is Weight Loss Management Linked With Weight Loss?
When the body of a human gets the stimulus for excessive and chronic pain there is a secretion from the adrenal glands. The glands secrete catecholamine and cortisol making the level of glucose serum unstable. This may differ from being hyperglycemia to hypoglycemia.
Pain that cannot be controlled might occur due to the deficiency in the protein intake or loss of appetite. The linking of both obesity and pain is taken to account in 30%. Researches and medical texts have shown how there is a direct relation to musculoskeletal pain and weight.
There are specific areas where the pain is often felt. These areas are the thoracic spine, upper body pain, and the neck. Chronic pain might even make you more obese as excessive pain makes you want to move around less.
It has been tested and shown how just 10% weight loss has helped in about half a decrease in the knee pain which results because of arthritis.
How To Decide On A Diet For Patients Suffering From Chronic Pain?
The following points must be carefully noted down before deciding on the diet which will help in the weight loss process:
- Avoid skipping meals with any meals.
- Do not even think of skipping breakfast, as that only results in more fat accumulation.
- Eat only at regular intervals
- Plan your meals according to the chart.
- Having imaging techniques of all foods.
- Know the difference between the portion size and the serving size.
- Eat-in smaller sized plates for dinner.
- Go for the healthiest options when eating out
Whey Protein Is A Critical Factor?
It should always be noted that proteins should always be included in the diet being taken for weight loss. High protein intake ensures quick weight loss and helps in better pain management. Some of the points why protein intake is important for weight loss are given below:
- The Protein Derivatives Consist Of The Endogenous Relievers for Pain: The protein starts to have a breakdown process in the gut into the amino acids. These amino acids are the ones that the body cannot make it's own. Although there is no specific amount as to how much protein is needed, it is a needed element for controlling the pain.
- Help To Build The Cartilage For The Muscle: These amino acids from the proteins help to build the intervertebral discs and the cartilage.
- Help To Decrease The Inflammation: The glucagon helps to elevate the level of the blood glucose and helps to block the fat which is stored as glucose. This will help to eliminate any type of pain that might flare-up in the process.
What Are Some Final Tips To Lose The Pain As We Lose The Weight?
Even though not a very detailed and direct relationship has been established between the two, one can observe how weight loss can be beneficial for chronic pain management. It is recommended for the patients to have seafood, beef, pork, cottage cheese, or eggs, and other green vegetables.
Patients should avoid the intake of any type of carbonated drink. Rather coffee or tea with a low amount of sugar can be taken as a substitute. If the patient is very overweight they should even avoid calcium. Dietary elements of Vitamin D should be taken daily. One tablet of Vitamin B12 should be included in your diet. All other dietary supplements should only be taken after the proper recommendation of the doctor.
Tags: Does Weight Affect Fibromyalgia, Does Chronic Pain Burn Calories, How To Gain Weight With Chronic Illness, How To Eliminate Chronic Pain
Henry holds a diploma in Linguistics and is fluent in both, written and verbal Spanish. He is an avid reader and loves to stay updated about the healthcare industry. If you are reading about any major breakthrough in the medical field, know that Henry is the one who brought it to you.