If you had unprotected sex, sometimes it might not bother you much but on other days, it can make you go weak in the knees. While having protection during intercourse is an essential thing, there could be plenty of reasons due to which you have had an unprotected one. Some of the reasons that could lead to unsafe sex include condom tear, ignorance, unpreparedness before engaging in sensual sessions, untimely intake of contraceptive pills, etc. All these negligence could increase your chances of getting affected by sexually transmitted diseases etc. People are aware of the consequences, still, they engage in such kind of activities. But, there are ways to avert such kind of situations in life by taking a sensible decision at the right time.
Some of the things that you can do after an episode of unwanted sex are:
1. Go to the toilet right after having the intercourse: Peeing soon after an unprotected sex can help you prevent the risk of urinary tract infection. It flushes out any bacteria that you have been exposed to during sex. If you drink a lot of water, that also proves helpful. Sometimes, bacteria gets into your urethra which can lead to infection. It can even hurt you while peeing. Females are more likely to get UTIs, this is why it is necessary to urinate immediately after having an episode of sex1.
Also Read: Do you know the best ways to Control Pregnancy
2. Take the morning after pill: It is also likely of you to think that if you do not experience any symptoms, you can’t face any risk, which is not true. Not seeing any signs does not rule out the possibility of you getting pregnant. So, it is essential to pop an emergency pill as soon as you act is completed. You can find all over-the-counter pills at an online pharmacy that can prevent an accidental pregnancy if you have had it within a few hours after a spontaneous intercourse. Depending on the strengths as well as capacity, you can take the pill within 48 hours of unprotected intercourse. The most important role of pills is that it reverses any kind of hormonal reaction along with preventing a fertilized egg from implanting in the uterine wall if it gets formed.
3. Check for anything weird down there: If women find anything unusual like a change in discharge that includes a change in volume, consistency or color, itchiness or pain, they should consult the doctor to avoid any kind of consequences. Most Sexually Transmitted Infections are asymptomatic, but some complications like yeast infections, or UTIs can occur even from 24 hours to a week post the engagement. Problems in men may be gonorrhea, hepatitis B, herpes etc. So, it is important to keep a check on your body.
4. Get an STI check after 2 weeks: It doesn’t matter whether you have the symptoms or not, you should get an IUD, which is the most effective way to avoid pregnancy after an unprotected sex.
5. Do a maternity test: It would be great to wait for at least two weeks after the unsafe sensual session to do a pregnancy test. You can also visit your doctor to find out about it. If you have made an appointment, make sure you do not wee just before it, because you’ll need to give a urine sample.
No matter on which days you had unsafe sex, there is always a risk of infections or pregnancy, so it is important to take care of all those things in order to stay free of any tension later. Share this with your friends and family to create awareness. Stay Fit Stay Healthy
Tags: What to do after unprotected sex, Pills to avoid pregnancy after 72 hours, Plan b pill
Annie is the oldest writer at Cheap Medicine Shop and is the subject and publishing expert. She has a graduate degree in medicines along with a diploma in creative writing.