5 Herbal Remedies For Diabetes Mellitus
Diabetes is the most common metabolism disorder which is triggered by multiple causes. People who are diabetic have hyperglycemia (high blood sugar). The digestive system breaks the food items into carbohydrates and starch. It is converted to glucose with the help of a hormone present in the body which is called insulin. The glucose utilized by insulin is used for providing energy to the body. When the body is unable to produce insulin or use it effectively, the complication of diabetes arises. Beta cells are present in the body which are responsible for producing insulin. Insulin plays a vital role in the body. It signals the body to control the blood glucose level and also use cells to take the glucose in the body for providing the energy further.
In type 1 diabetes mellitus, the pancreas couldn’t make insulin effectively due to which cells can’t get energy as glucose doesn’t get to the cells and stays within the body whereas, in type 2 diabetes mellitus, the body still produces insulin but then after an extent, it stops building them.
The rise in blood sugar level leads to serious complications like cardiovascular diseases, heart problems, kidney issues, or strokes. It could be fatal to health.
There have been found that many of the spices and herbs have done wonders in keeping the blood sugar level down.
Following are some of the herbal therapies which have been fruitful in curing diabetes mellitus :
Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera has shown great results in keeping the blood sugar level down. It contains anti-glycemic properties that help to regulate the sugar level in diabetes patients. Aloe Vera is responsible for suppressing adipogenic genes which are usually involved in insulin sensitivity. It minimizes the poisonous effects of lipids found in the liver resulting in a decrease in insulin level.
How to use Aloe Vera?
- Make Aloe Vera juice and drink it regularly. It is highly effective in reducing the sugar level.
- It is also recommended that you start with a small dosage of aloe vera and then slowly increasing to more. First, start with one teaspoon of aloe vera gel and then gradually increase it to 3 spoons a day.
- If after increasing the dose, the sugar level starts dropping, minimize the dose. The anti-hyperglycemic properties of aloe vera, the toxic effects of lipids are controlled to a great rate.
Cinnamon: Studies have found that the bark of cinnamon has improved the level of cholesterol and blood sugar in the body in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients. It has also minimized the risk of other cardiovascular diseases or diabetes problems. The components present in cinnamon help to combat diabetes mellitus. Researchers have also found that cinnamon is helpful in cutting the cholesterol by about 18% whereas the rate of blood sugar went down to 24%.
How to take Cinnamon?
- You can grind cinnamon and make the powder of it. Regularly swallowing cinnamon powder can bring you sugar level down by encouraging the activity of insulin in the body.
- You can also mix the powder with water or milk and gulp it down. This also prevents the high blood sugar level.
- Mixing one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder and honey and, taking it with water could be really beneficial for your cardiovascular diseases and diabetes.
Fenugreek Seeds: Fenugreek seeds are the main source of fibers and nutrients all of which together fight cholesterol and high blood sugar problems. The hypoglycemic properties of fenugreek seeds increase the level of insulin released from the body and also significantly minimize the blood glucose levels in the body. There are various fenugreek benefits, therefore, it is advisable for diabetes patients to include them in your diet.
How to use Fenugreek Seeds?
- Soak the seeds of fenugreek in a bowl of water overnight and then consume it the next morning on an empty stomach.
- You can also make the powder and swallow it like medicine with water.
Mango Leaves: Mango leaves contain anthocyanins which help in treating prediabetes. The leaves of mango are dried and ground. Its powder is used to cure the signs of early diabetes. It also helps to cure diabetic retinopathy. They also have the tendency to improve the lipids present in the blood resulting in regulated blood sugar levels. They are also helpful in lowering the blood pressure.
How to have mango leaves?
- You can soak the mango leaves overnight in water then drink the water the next day after straining the leaves. It helps in the prevention of diabetes mellitus.
- Apart from soaking, you can also boil the mango leaves with water. Drink the water after it gets cold. All the nutrients present in the leaves will miraculously work in treating diabetes mellitus.
- Another way to have mango leaves is to grind them and make powder. Regular intake of a 1-2 spoonful of mango leaves powder brings the level of blood sugar down.
Water: It is the universal panacea for all kinds of diseases in the body. It acts as an agent that mobilizes the flow of blood managing the sugar levels more efficiently. According to a report, in diabetes patients, the increase in sugar level extract more water from the body which makes you thirsty. So, it is advisable to drink lots of water to manage the blood flow to your body and regulate the sugar levels. Drinking plenty of water every day will balance the fluidity in the body making you less prone to the symptoms of diabetes.
Tags: Diabetes, Type I Diabetes, Type II Diabetes, Gestational Diabetes, Herbal Treatment, Alcohol & Drug Treatment, Online Drugs, Cheap medicines