Best Ways To Control Pregnancy
Are you a married woman? Has it been just 1 year of your marriage? Did you get pregnant when you were not ready for it? This is the story of millions of women nowadays. At one point where pregnancy is a beautiful thing if expected, it also becomes a burden if it is not desired at all. Women who are at the point where a baby is the last option for them can go for birth control.
It is a perfect way to control pregnancy in multiple ways. Birth control is also known as contraception as well as fertility control. It prevents pregnancy effectively even before it begins. It has been used for the past multiple years and known to be effective methods to help a woman prevent getting pregnant. There are various methods in which it is done like hormonal birth control methods, barrier methods and many more. In hormonal birth control methods, the ovulation process is prevented which results in temporary infertility in women whereas the barrier method prevents the man’s sperm from getting to an egg.
- Hormonal Birth Control: This is one of the birth control methodologies in which hormones are involved so that they may prevent ovulation in women. Though the most common method is oral contraceptive pills, there are also other options available. Let’s explore all the methodologies available:
- Vaginal Rings: This is one of the ways by which a woman avoid getting pregnant. In this, the ring is placed in the vagina for around 3 weeks. It provides your continuous birth control for a month. You can then remove the ring in the fourth week so that you could get your periods. The ring is made of plastic and effectively delivers estrogen and progestin. It should be kept in mind that if you have some kind of cancer or you smoke, you should not use this method of birth control.
Some side effects that are involved with using the vaginal ring:
3. Breast Pain
4. A Headache
6. Increased Hair growth
- Hormone Patches: In this method, estrogen and progestin are released from the skin for about 7 days. It is used for all the weeks in a month. You can change the patch per week for continuous 3 weeks and then no patch for 1 week. During that period, you will have your periods. You can wear this patch anywhere in your body including hips, lower abdomen, upper arm etc.
The adverse effects that arise with this method are:
1. Upset Stomach
4. Breast Swelling and Tenderness
5. Nipple Discharge
6. Sinus Pain
7. A Sore Throat
- Birth Control Pills: These are the most common methodology to control childbirth. They come in packets and is a way for both men and women to avoid pregnancy. Women take these pills orally and are known to get about 99.90% effective results. One thing that must be kept in mind is that these pills only help us to prevent unwanted pregnancy not sexually transmitted diseases.
Its side effects may include:
1. Irregular bleeding
2. Skin rash and acne
3. A Migraine or a headache
4. Fungal Infections
- Barrier Methods: This methodology blocks the sperm from entering the uterus. It comes with a substance called spermicide that is placed in the vagina to kill the sperm. Using this with one of the barrier methods let you get the best possible protection from pregnancy.
- Diaphragm: It is one of the methods that has been adopted by women to avoid unwanted pregnancy. It is a soft, thin, rubber cup that is advised to be placed high in the vagina so it could hold the spermicide against the cervix. Though it turns out to be really useful, it also has some adverse effects:
1. Vaginal Irritation
2. Urinary Tract Infection
3. Vaginal Infection
- Condoms: This technique is widely used by millions of men to avoid making their women pregnant. They are also used to prevent sexually transmitted diseases. There are some risks also involved with condoms like it can tear when it is too tight or fall off it, if too loose.
Some adverse effects involved with condoms are:
1. Skin irritation
3. Allergic Reactions
This is all about the ways in which you can control pregnancy and enjoy your sensual moments without any worries. Share this story with your friends and comment below if you like the article.