Constipation is that condition in which the bowel movements are infrequent or hard to pass. Many people suffer from this problem in their daily lives. These exercises can help them from getting rid of this problem.
1. Plow Pose (Halasana)
It is one of the best exercises to deal with constipation and also provides many other benefits to our body. It promotes good digestion and also helps in relieving the gas problem. Other health benefits of practicing this exercise include relief from stress, improves flexibility, stretches all muscles etc.. Step by step instructions for doing this exercise are.
- Lie on the floor, on your back and place both the hands beside your body
- Inhale and lift your leg at 90 degree angle. Use your abdominal muscle.
- Bring your feet at 180 degree angle in such a way that your back is perpendicular to the ground and your feet behind the head.
- Stay in that position for a minute and at the same time concentrate on your breathing.
2. Fish Pose (Matsyasana)
Fish pose improves digestion and flexibility and thus a great cure for constipation. It stretches the upper body and provides extra oxygen. It also improves metabolism and is said to be a great pose for all those who wish to lose weight. Steps to do this exercise are:
- Lie on your back on the floor, bend your right leg and then keep the right foot on the left thigh.
- Bend the left leg and place it on the right thigh.
- Maintain your flat back and bring your palms under your buttock.
- Take your head little backward and hold for 30 seconds.
- Inhale and lift the chest, shoulder, upper back off the mat
- Hold this position for 30 seconds and then get back to your initial position.
Also Read: 5 awesome ways to lose Love Handles easily
3. Bound Angle Pose (Baddha Konasana)
Baddha Konasana is also known as Butterfly pose and the benefits of practicing this pose include better digestion. It improves blood flow and enhances the capabilities of digesting food. A better digestion will help you get ease from the health problems such as constipation. Along with that it also reduces stress level and makes you feel more energized. Steps to practice this exercise are:
- Sit straight on the floor and bring your knees as close as possible and try to touch the soles with each other
- Hold your feet and inhale deeply
- Press the thigh and knees down the floor and press your elbows on thighs. Do this step while exhaling.
- Breathe normally and keep moving your thigh up and down slowly.
4. Supine Spinal Twist
If you are suffering from the problem of constipation then the supine spinal twist is the best pose you can to improve your digestion. The best thing about this exercise is that it is easy to hold this pose as compared to the other ones. When you twist your body while doing this pose you are just helping your digestion gets better. It also supports spinal muscle and strengthens legs. Steps for this exercise are
- Lie on your back placing your arms by your side and palm facing downwards
- Bend your right knee and place your right foot on the left knee
- While exhaling drop the right knee on the floor, twist your spine and look at right fingertips.
- Use your hand to put a slight pressure on the bent knee and stays in that position
5. Child Pose (Balasana)
This exercise helps you massage internal organs of the body and thus an effective way to improve digestion and cure constipation. It also relaxes the muscles of the front of the body as well as muscles of the back. Step by step instructions to do this exercise are
- Touch your toes together while being on kneel on the floor and then separate your knees as wide as your hips.
- Sit up straight and while exhaling bend forward. Your chest should rest on the top of your thighs and take your forehead to the floor.
- Extend your arms and keep your buttocks in contact with your heels
- Keep your gaze inwards and hold at that moment for a minute. Breathe normally.
Spread awareness by sharing it with your family and friends. Also, share your opinions in the comment section below.
Tags: How to relieve constipation, Constipation symptoms, Exercise for constipation with pictures
Annie is the oldest writer at Cheap Medicine Shop and is the subject and publishing expert. She has a graduate degree in medicines along with a diploma in creative writing.