Erectile Dysfunction- Everything From Causes To Treatment
Erectile dysfunction is a medical condition where an individual is incapable of getting or maintaining an erect penis, therefore, resulting in unsatisfactory sexual life. A person suffering from erectile dysfunction (ED) becomes prone to stress and frustration, and often witnesses drop in self-confidence. The disorder also affects the relationships as intimacy between couples, reduces. Certain factors like stress, tension, exhaustion, etc. can sometimes result in difficulty for a man to get an erection, which is a normal condition. However, if the situation continues for a long period of time, it should be identified as a medical disorder. The good news is, erectile dysfunction treatment is a real thing.
Men can often be embarrassed to talk about their erectile dysfunction even to the medical professionals and therefore, many stands deprived of the treatment which is possible. Most of the times, the condition is the outcome of some underlying disease or disorder, either physical or mental and the identification and treatment of the same can help in the treatment of ED. However, when ED is organic, it can be treated with medications ( checkout this effective medicine which is verified and tested to cure ED) the consumption of which increases the blood flow in the penis thus enabling erection.
Erectile dysfunction is a medical disorder like any other disorder and there is nothing to be embarrassed about it. Proper knowledge of the causes, symptoms and how to cure ED fast, can help in dealing with the condition in a better way.
Erectile Dysfunction Causes
The human male body has a well-defined modus operandi that governs sexual desires and arousals. These arousals are dependant on various factors like peace of mind, blood vessels, hormones, muscles, etc. and malfunctioning in any of these can lead to the problem of ED. The weak psychological state in a person can play a culprit while many physical diseases can also contribute to the erectile dysfunction causes. Other times, the combination of both make matters worse. For example, a person suffering from heart diseases faces incapability in erection and therefore picks stress and anxiety that deteriorates the situation.
Key physical diseases that serve as erectile dysfunction causes are:
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Cardiovascular diseases
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Sleeping disorders
- Enlarged prostate or its cancer treatment
- Injuries in the pelvic region
- Substance abuse
- Clogged blood vessels
Apart from physical factors, there are certain psychological conditions that lead to failure in erection like depression and anxiety. The problem with psychological reasons is that it can not only cause ED but also accelerate it.
Symptoms Of Erectile Dysfunction
- Inability to get an erection
- Inability to maintain an erection
- Reduced sexual drive
- Premature or delayed ejaculation (this is when the condition is approaching)
Erectile Dysfunction Treatment
Before the disorder is treated, it is important to diagnose it. According to Mayo Clinic, the following tests reveal the presence of the matter-
- Blood test
- Urine test
- Physical examination
- Psychological examination
Once ED is confirmed, there are several ways in which the treatment of the disorder, unfolds.
1. Oral Medications- As an initial step towards the treatment, the doctor might prescribe medicines rich in Viagra, Cialis, Staxyn, etc. These elements induce nitric oxide in the penis which relaxes the soft muscles and increases the blood circulation. This, in turn, helps in erection. However, such medications should only be consumed if prescribed by the doctor. Get a green signal before taking the step since in many cases, side effects might occur if you are already on medications for the treatment of some other disease like prostate cancer.
2. Surgeries, pumps and implants- In major cases, when the medications fail to deliver the results, the patient can use Penis Pump to cause the erection. It is a funnel-like device through which, the air is sucked out that induces blood flow in the penis, thus resulting in an erection. A tension ring is slipped at the point between the penis and abdomen for the blood flow to stay in the region for the time that is enough to have sexual intercourse. The tension ring is removed after sex. The side effects include restriction of ejaculation and possible bruises in the penis.
Surgeries are also an option for the men who fail at getting satisfactory results from other alternatives, however, there are always high risks of infections when it comes to surgeries.
Another way of causing an erection is implants which have been reported satisfactory by the men who weren’t benefitted from other techniques. There are two kinds of implants that are inserted inside the men’s penis- malleable and inflammable. The former uses a rod to keep the penis erect but bendable while the later allows the person to get an erection for the time and occasion he likes.
Changes in Lifestyle of Fight The Dysfunction
Certain changes in lifestyle may help significantly in fighting with ED
- Lose weight: Obesity is one of the major causes of erectile dysfunction
- Quit smoking: Try nicotine replacements or get professional help
- Workout more: staying physically active is the cure of half of the health issues.
- Reduce stress: Get your hands-on activities that reduce stress. If you are diagnosed through clinical depression, talk about it with your psychiatrist.