5 Exercises That Helps You Stay Fit
We all are aware that exercise is good for health. Maintaining healthy body weight and exercising regularly are important lifestyle choices and should be added to everyone’s daily routine. Exercise enhances better sleep, mood elevations, and greater self-esteem or confidence.
Also, regular exercise improves the health of lungs, heart and blood vessels which in turn enables them to deliver oxygen to the muscle cells in a more efficient way.
Some of the exercises that work wonders are as follows and the best part is that all these exercises can be done at home without any equipment.
Squats have a wide range of benefits. Generally, squats are considered to be a leg exercise but it is one of the most powerful exercises to boost your overall fitness. Squats use almost all the muscles and are beneficial to the entire body. This is a movement exercise that you can do right at home without any equipment.
Squats should be a part of everyone’s daily routine. Squatting every day strengthens the muscles throughout the lower body, including hips and ankles. If squatting is done properly, it only helps in muscle strengthening, but it also triggers the release of testosterone in the body, which plays an essential role in the muscle building and increasing body mass. Other benefits of doing squats include increased flexibility, improves circulation, burns fat, tones the body, and remove body waste.
Directions to perform squats are as follows:
- Stand straight with your hips and feet wide apart.
- Using your muscles push your chest slightly outward and pull in your abdominal muscles.
- Now, bend your knees and lower yourself as far as you can. Try to get into a position like you are sitting on a chair by bending your knees and pushing the butts and the hips outwards.
- Don’t lean your upper body and all your weight should be on your heels.
- Slowly get back to your initial position and repeat the steps.
2. Glute bridge
Glute bridge is one of the most effective exercises for anyone who wants to have a great posture and wants to maintain fitness. I personally love this exercise as this single exercise increases the posture, strength, power and overall performance.
This glute bridge exercise activates all the core muscles of the body and works on these muscles deeply. Primarily, glute muscles strengthen three main core muscles, glute, lower back, and abs. Other benefits of doing glute bridge include, it tones and shape the butt, reduces back pain, improves posture, treats any imbalances in the body and makes the back strong.
Glute bridge is a simple exercise and directions to perform this exercise are as follows:
- Lie flat on your back with your legs extended and hands by your side.
- Bend your knees in such a way that your feet are flat on the floor and hip-width apart.
- Exhale, keep your spine muscle neutral and tighten your abdominal muscles.
- Now, flex your glutes and slowly raise your hips off the floor until your hips and thighs are straight in line.
- Hold the position for a few seconds and slowly lower yourself to the starting position.
- Repeat the steps for two sets of 10 each.
Plank is one of the best exercises which has various variations and work on different areas of the body. The main focus of doing plank is to strengthen the entire body and it makes you learn to balance your body on your elbows and toes. Plank requires you to keep your back straight which eventually helps in improving body posture and strengthens the back.
Plank also helps you burn more calories and increases metabolism. The effect of plank on mood is one of the best benefits. Yes, plank acts as a mood booster. It reduces the level of stress and as a result, shows positive effects on the mood.
Directions to perform plank are as follows:
- Lie straight on the floor on your stomach, keeping your hands by your side and legs straight.
- Keep your palms on the floor next to the shoulder and the bottom of the toes on the floor.
- Inhale deeply and press up in such a way that your body makes a straight line from the heels to the top of the head.
- Tightens your buttocks, breathe normally and hold the position for a few seconds.
- Slowly lower yourself back to the floor.
4. Jumping Jack
Jumping jack is one of the easiest exercises you can do to make yourself fit. It is easy to do and highly effective. According to numerous experts, jumping jack is one of the most effective exercises to firm up the calves, glutes, and hamstring.
Jumping jack is a common exercise which is often used as a warm-up exercise. It is a good way to improve stamina, flexibility and blood circulation. Jumping jack not only strengthens the body but it is beneficial for heart health as well. It protects the body from developing cardiovascular disease.
Directions to perform a jumping jack are as follows:
- Stand straight with your hands by your side and feet together.
- Now jump your feet out to the sides and while jumping raise your arms to the sides and above the head.
- In that second itself, jump back to the starting position by lowering your arms and feet back together.
- Repeat the sequence for a few times.
Crunches are of various types and they work great on abs and core. Crunches are one of the best exercises for abdominal muscles and to burn extra fat. It strengthens the abdominal muscles and improves the overall functionality of the body.
Directions to perform crunches are as follows:
- Lie on the back with your hips-width apart and bend your knees.
- Take your hands back behind your ears and hold your elbows out.
- Now tilt your chin slightly such that the space between the chin and chest is of few inches.
- Lift your head, neck, and shoulder off the floor and move towards the front.
- Hold the position for a few seconds and returns to an initial position.
Tags: Fitness exercises, How to stay fit and healthy, Fitness tips of the day