If you have an allergic reaction on face, you might be thinking of all the cures so you can get rid of them. A person can treat and prevent their face allergy if they know what is causing them. Allergic reactions that affect the face can lead to raised welts, swollen lips or watering eyes.
Sometimes, beauty products or hay fever could be the reason behind it. Allergies may be common in the face as the facial skin is more sensitive than others. This is probably why most skin conditions start on the face.
Some symptoms and signs of an allergic reaction are:
- Puffy skin
- Burning Sensation
- Sunken skin
- Swollen eyes or lips
- Cracked Skin
The symptoms may develop within seconds or minutes. They may be mild but in rare cases, can cause anaphylaxis which could be a life-threatening skin condition.
It can be triggered by various things like something you eat, drink or smell. It is also be caused when you come in contact with certain substances like poison ivy.
What Causes Allergy on Face?
Some triggers that can cause skin reactions include:
- Soaps, Detergents, or toiletries
- Makeup or beauty products
- Solvents or chemicals
- Dust or soil
Allergic reactions are after all our immune system’s way of being overprotective. Our immune system tries to fight off harmless substances such as pollen, dust. In an effort to fight off these allergens our immune system overreacts and we get face allergies and rash all over our body.
So How Do You Treat an Allergic Reaction on Your Face?
It depends on the type, location, and severity of the allergy you have. The main treatments include:
- Antihistamines: They reduce the swelling, redness, and itchiness of rashes and hives on the face. These are available in various forms like tablets(Clamist, Allegra 120 Mg), creams, syrups(Taregyl 0.5 Mg) and can be bought from an online pharmacy.
- Moisturizers: They can be helpful in moisturizing the dry skin and also reduce itching. Moisturizers form a film that protects against allergens.
- Cold Compress: A damp cloth is helpful as it effectively reduces the inflammation. It is placed on the skin whenever a patient is in need so they can ease discomfort.
- Immunotherapy: In this, the patient is exposed to an increased dose of an allergen for up to 3 years so that body can get used to it. It can reduce the severity of symptoms.
How to Prevent It?
It can be prevented either by certain medications or by avoiding allergens. If you want to avoid:
- Food allergies: If you want to get rid of the symptoms caused by a food allergy, make sure to read the labels on the food you are buying.
- Animals: If you get allergic to animal’s fur, keep them away from you to avoid getting the symptoms.
- Hay Fever: To avoid it, try to stay indoors. Avoid grassy areas when the pollen count is high. You can take sunglasses before stepping out if it’s too important.
Answers to your questions
What are the 4 types of allergic reactions?
Some of the common types of allergic reactions are
1. Hives or Urticaria
2. Hay Fever
How long can allergic reaction last ?
Even after starting treatment for face allergy, it can take about 2 to 4 weeks to get rid of symptoms induced by an allergic reaction on face.
What does a skin allergy look like?
An allergic reaction can look like face bumps, make your face red and itchy, rashes, and any of the symptoms mentioned in the earlier section.
What foods can cause face rash?
Any food or beverages you are allergic to can affect your face and cause a skin reaction. Some of the most common foods responsible for allergy rash on face are
- Cow’s milk
- Nuts and Peanut
- Fish and shellfish
What foods help skin allergies?
Foods such as ginger, turmeric, tomatoes, and other citrus fruits can help reduce allergic reactions that make your face and eyes swollen.
That’s all about face allergy. Read it and share it with your family and friends to spread awareness. Stay Fit Stay Healthy