The most dangerous medical condition as of now is Cancer. It usually occurs when the abnormal cells spread to the body and affect the entire system. They also bifurcate in an uncontrolled way. They also damage the tissues and cause severe complications. It can start at any time, anywhere in the body. Cancer begins in cells. Cells send the signals as for when to bifurcate, but when these signals get faulty and show abnormalities, they may start to grow and multiply at the faster rate. They combine together to form a lump called a tumor. It is the primary stage when the tumor starts.
There are over 200 types of cancer that affect the body. Some are
- Cervical Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Bone Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Vagina Cancer
- Throat Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
There are various other kinds of cancer as well.
- Cervical Cancer: Cervical cancer usually affects the opening of the womb of the female. Cervical has been named after cervix which is the narrow neck-like passage that forms the lower end of the uterus. According to a research, in The United States of America, more than 11,000 of women have been diagnosed with cervical cancer each year. If it is diagnosed early, there are high chances of survival. If you are engaged with too many sexual partners there might be a risk of cervical cancer.
Some early signs include:
1. Bleeding between periods.
2. Bleeding after coitus sessions
3. Vaginal discharge with a tinge of blood.
4. Smelly vaginal discharge
5. Uncomfortable sexual experience
6. Pelvic Pain
There are various methods with which you can treat cervical cancer. You can go for surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy. Many times all these therapies are combined. The treatment only depends on the stage at which cancer is in. If diagnosed early, there are a high risk of survival and patient could be healthy after the complete treatment.
- Breast Cancer: This is the second most common cause of death in women. Lung cancer is the first one. It affects men too but is more common in women. It starts in the female when the cells of the breast start growing uncontrollably and forms a kind of lump also called tumor in the breast. They also spread to distant parts of the body. The change in the color of the skin around breast or nipple may be the sign as well.
1. Painful armpits or breasts.
2. Redness on the skin of the breast.
3. Rash on the nipples
4. Bloody discharge from the nipple
5. Change in the shape of the breast
6. Scales on the breast or nipples.
There are some tests that are conducted to diagnose breast cancer like imaging test, breast exams, MRI scan, biopsy etc. They clearly indicate the stage and development of cancer.
The basic treatments available are:
2. Radiation Therapy
4. Hormone Therapy
- Bone Cancer: It is one of the most baleful types of cancer in which the malignant tumor damages healthy bone tissue. There are two types of bone cancer: Primary and Secondary Bone Cancer. The Primary Bone cancer destroys the cells of the bone whereas the secondary bone cancer could start anywhere but will eventually destroy bones.
1. Weak bones
2. Swelling in the area
3. Unintentional weight loss
4. A lump in the affected area
Treatment: There are various therapies that are done on the patients with cancer but these therapies are only helpful if the cancer is diagnosed at an early stage. With the help of CT Scan, X-Ray, MRI Scan, bone biopsy, cancer could be diagnosed. With surgeries, radiation, and chemotherapy, it could be treated.
- Prostate Cancer- Prostate glands are responsible for the development of the fluids in semen and controlling urine in men. When the cells present in the prostate cancer start growing uncontrollably, prostate cancer is diagnosed. It is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in men, but if found at an early stage could be treated.
1. Painful urination
2. Less Ejaculation
3. Blood in urine
4. Frequent urination
If the cancer is early diagnosed and small, then there are some treatments like
1. Radical Prostatectomy
3. Radiation Therapy
4. Intensity modulated Radiation Therapy
- Colon Cancer: When the tumor of cancer spread in your large intestines, it usually leads to Colon Cancer. Colon in the body is a part where the body separate water and salt from solid wastes. The waste then moves through the rectum and get expelled from the anus. Rectal cancer can also occur that affects the rectum of the body. Sometimes, both can occur together and is called as Colorectal Cancer.
1. Painful bowel movements
4. Loose stool
6. Weight Loss
7. Blood in the stool
8. Abdominal Pain
Treatment: To treat colon cancer, various surgeries are involved as long as it has been diagnosed. The therapies include endoscopy, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, colonoscopy etc.