What Causes Hair Loss?
- Nutritional Deficiencies: There is a possibility that you are not getting sufficient nutrients from your diet. These nutrients include iron, zinc, copper, and some proteins. Lack of vitamin D is a popular cause for hair loss. To prevent this, make sure to spend some of the morning hours outside and absorb sunlight.
- Thyroid Issues: The hair growth cycle gets transformed if your body produces too little or too much of the thyroid hormone.
- In case you have thyroid-related issues, you can have hair loss, increased sensitivity to heat or cold, unexplained weight loss, or gain or changes in cardiac rate.
Following hormonal imbalances can lead to thinning of the hair -
Birth-Control Pills: If you are taking some birth-control pills, you can have hair loss. It happens due to the presence of the ovulation-suppressing hormone in medicine.
Some people can also experience loss of hair as soon as they stop taking the pill. Some blood pressure medications can also give rise to hair loss.
Hairstyling Products: Various toxic chemical substances are present in the hair dye and other styling products, and so avoid using them frequently.
Most shampoos have SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) in them, which can deteriorate hair follicles and obstruct hair growth. For this reason, choose herbal shampoos and dyes to reduce the risk of hair loss.
Family History: It is one of the most widespread causes of hair loss, which is often referred to as male-pattern baldness or female-pattern baldness. It usually arises based on some pattern or with aging - a decreasing hairline/bald spots in males and slimming of hair in females.
Aging: With growing age, the rate at which hair grows decreases. Hair strands may lack pigment and get smaller, which causes the hair to become more beautiful, thinner, and grey.
To prevent hair loss due to aging, you can include more whole foods in your diet to keep your hair and body youthful.
Also Read:Is Keto Diet The Right Choice?
Tips For Controlling Hair Fall
- Diet And Exercise: Have plenty of protein and iron-rich foods as they are essential for the excellent health of your hair. Yoga, medication, and other physical exercises are also useful in decreasing the loss of hair.
- Shampoo: There are several brands of shampoo available in the market. The shampoo which worked fantastically for a person may not be suitable for you \Kindly understand the type of scalp you have, and choose a product accordingly. Also, a suitable type of washing depends on the scalp type. For example: if you have a dry scalp, overwashing can cause hair loss.
- Conditioner: Conditioning is an essential step in hair washing. Choose a quality conditioner loaded with adequate amounts of amino acids, and ensure smooth hair.
- Oiling: Oil your hair regularly as this is one of the best hair care treatments. It strengthens roots and promotes healthy hair growth.
- Chemical Treatments: The chemical treatments like straightening, coloring, perming, etc. should strictly be avoided. Additionally, avoid using curling rods and blow dryers, especially on wet hair, as it can make your hair shaft brittle.
Natural Remedies To Treat Hair Fall
Coconut Milk: Coconut milk comprises of all the essential nutrients needed for healthy hair. It will boost your hair follicles and encourage hair growth.
Use coconut milk to massage your hair for about 3-5 minutes. Let it sit for 20 minutes and then shampoo as usual.
Egg Mask: Eggs are a rich source of protein and biotin. It can provide the luster and nourishment you want in your hair strands. It conditions the scalp, prevents hair breakage, and promotes the growth of hair.
Take a bowl and add 2-3 tablespoons of egg yolk and 4-5 tablespoon of aloe vera. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and add it in the prepared mixture.
Green Tea: Dihydrotestosterone(DHT) is primarily responsible for hair loss. The presence of catechins in green tea can help reduce DHT levels in the body.
Amla: Like curry leaves, amla is also a proven tonic for hair. It prevents dandruff, strengthens hair follicles, enhances collagen levels, improves blood circulation in the scalp, and thereby promotes hair growth.
Apply freshly prepared amla juice on your scalp and massage for about 5 minutes. Let it stay on your scalp for 10 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water and a mild shampoo.
Beetroot Juice: Beetroot juice reduces dandruff and adds luster to the hair. Vitamin A, calcium, and protein present in the beetroot helps ensure healthy hair growth.
Extract juice out of two beetroots. Add two teaspoons of olive oil and one tablespoon of fresh ginger. Massage your scalp with the mix for about 2-3 minutes and then rinse after 10 minutes.
Fenugreek Seeds: Fenugreek seeds are a great source of protein and nicotinic acid that is known to reduce dandruff and treat a wide array of scalp issues like dryness, baldness, and thinning of hair. It moisturizes the hair and helps regain lost shine and bounce.
Onion Juice: Grind one cup of soaked fenugreek seeds, one cup yogurt, a few drops of lemon juice and water and form a thick paste. Apply the prepared mask on your hair and let it sit for about 45 minutes. Utilize a mild shampoo to rinse the hair. On the next morning, apply the water in which you’ve soaked the fenugreek seeds overnight for the best results.
What To Eat For Healthy Hair
Incorporate the following foods in your diet and achieve healthy nourishing hair:
Tags: illnesses that cause hair loss, causes of hair loss in men, hair loss front of head female