If you have allergic reactions on the face, you might be thinking of all the cures so you can get rid of them. A person can treat and prevent their allergies if they know what is causing them. Allergic reactions that affect the face can lead to raised welts, swollen lips or watering eyes. Sometimes, beauty products or hay fever could be the reason behind it. Allergies may be common in the face as the facial skin is more sensitive than others. It can happen to anyone.
Some symptoms that could arise if you have allergic reactions on the face are:
The symptoms may develop within seconds or minutes. They may be mild but in rare cases, can cause anaphylaxis that could be a life-threatening disease.
It can be triggered by various things like something you eat, drink or smell. It could also be caused when you come in contact with a certain substance. It is called contact dermatitis. Common on hands and face, some triggers include:
- Soaps, Detergents, or toiletries
- Makeup or beauty products
Also Read: How Progeria makes you race against time?
It depends on the type, location, and severity of the allergy you have. The main treatments include:
- Antihistamines: They reduce the swelling, redness, and itchiness of rashes and hives on the face. They are available in various forms like tablets, creams, nasal sprays and can be bought from an online pharmacy.
- Moisturizers: They can be helpful in moisturizing the dry skin and also reduce itching. They form a film that protects against allergens.
- Cold Compress: A damp cloth is helpful as it effectively reduces the inflammation. It is placed on the skin whenever a patient is in need so they can ease discomfort.
- Immunotherapy: In this, the patient is exposed to an increased dose of an allergen for up to 3 years so that body can get used to it. It can reduce the severity of symptoms.
How to prevent it?
It can be prevented either by certain medications or by avoiding the allergens. If you want to avoid:
- Food allergies: If you want to get rid of the symptoms caused by a food allergy, make sure to read the labels on the food you are buying.
- Animals: If you get allergic to animal's fur, keep them away from you to avoid getting the symptoms.
- Hay Fever: To avoid it, try to stay indoors. Avoid grassy areas when the pollen count is high. You can take sunglasses before stepping out if it’s too important.
That’s all about allergic reactions. Read it and share it with your family and friends to spread awareness. Stay Fit Stay Healthy
Tags: Skin allergy on face, Face allergy treatment, Allergic reaction to face cream
Annie is the oldest writer at Cheap Medicine Shop and is the subject and publishing expert. She has a graduate degree in medicines along with a diploma in creative writing.