Is Masturbation Wrong?
Masturbation is the activity that involves stimulation of genital organs through hands for sexual pleasure. It is a natural and safe way to explore your body. It is so common that it occurs to every person, irrespective of background, gender, and races.
Despite some of the myths, there are no harmful side effects of masturbation. However, excess of anything is terrible, even excess masturbation, and can harm your relationship and everyday life.
Does Releasing Sperm Make You Weaker?
Releasing sperm doesn’t make you weak until and unless you are not ejaculating frequently. Now, the frequency of ejaculating safety of every individual depends on their health and metabolism. But on average, men who ejaculate daily for 14 days start experiencing a slight decrease in the number of sperm in their ejaculation, says a study in 2015. Therefore, a person should masturbate less than this.
Additionally, masturbating frequently does not affect other sperm health measures, such as sperm motility and morphology. According to the journal Social Psychological and Personality Science, pair who have sex at least weekly are reported happy with their relationship. Having sex frequently does not help attain relationship satisfaction; but it doesn’t even cause a decline in your relationship satisfaction.
Some think masturbation is bad for moral reasons as well. However, that is a personal choice.
How Is Ejaculating Healthy For You?
Masturbation is considered a healthy habit. Even research reveals many health benefits for men after masturbating, such as:-
- Men who masturbate are at a lower risk of prostate cancer. A layer of toxins builds up in the urogenital tract, masturbating five times a week decreases these toxin levels, lowering the risk of prostate cancer.
- While masturbating, men ejaculate a little cortisol which is a stress hormone. This consequently boosts the immune system.
- Masturbating helps release stress and tension from the body by flooding the system.
How Much Masturbation Is Healthy?
Till now, you must have understood there is no definite answer to this question as the frequency of masturbation of a person depends on his health condition. Some men masturbate twice or thrice a day, some do it once a week.
All you need to know is that masturbating is healthy, whether twice, thrice, or once a week/day until you are not having any health issues like feeling sleepy, hungry, or weak. In fact, you need to know your body to the answer.
When Does Masturbating Become Unhealthy?
Masturbation is safe until you are not doing it frequently and aggressively. Below are some activities that can put you at the risk of being unhealthy, such as:-
- Touching your genital organs after touching the genital parts of an infected person can infect you with sexually transmitted diseases(STD). It can even happen if you share any of your sex toys with an infected person.
- Masturbating in the face-down position can exert more pressure on the penis and can cause injury or structure problems. To avoid this, try masturbating while standing, sitting, or lying on your back.
- Do not squeeze the penis while masturbating, it will prevent the semen from flowing outward. This can damage the nerves and increase the risk of prostate. It can also force the semen to flow backward into the urinary bladder.
Does Masturbation Cause Memory Loss?
Along with the facts, there are rumors too. Many people experience loss of memory, but that could be because of not focusing on ejaculation. A sex therapist at Enjoy explains masturbation has several positive effects on the brain-related to
- increase in self-esteem
- Boots mood
- Lowers stress and anxiety
- Pain relief
- It helps focus and concentration
- Masturbation can boost libido
- Improves body positivity
- Increases pleasure awareness
As per the research, all these changes do not cause problems with memory. In fact, they help improve your mental health. But this can only be possible when you are not masturbating excessively or aggressively.
Does Masturbation Reduce Immunity?
Again, answers to these questions are similar; reduction in immunity depends on the health of the person. However, masturbating excessively can make your immunity weak. But on the other hand, healthy masturbation never reduces your immunity.
Masturbation After Vaccine
The process, masturbation releases semen. After getting vaccinated, people usually have inflammation side effects that make their bodies weak for some time. During the time of struggle, your body needs your semen to fight the inflammation. If you masturbate just after getting the vaccine, you may feel weak due to a deficiency of some semen that helps the body fight the inflammation.
However, there is no harm in masturbating just after getting vaccinated, but it is recommended to not do so at that time your body is dealing with some severe inflammations due to COVID-19 vaccine.
Does Masturbation Cause Acne?
Acne is caused due to the following main factors, such as:-
- Excess oil (sebum) production
- Hair follicles clogged by oil and dead skin cells
Acne causes have nothing to do with masturbation.
Does Releasing Sperm Make You Lose Weight?
Masturbation helps in relieving stress, better sleep, boosts your overall mood, and also burns calories. As per the anecdotal report, one session of masturbation can burn a minimum of 5-6 calories depending on how long, hard, and fast you are masturbating even at the time of climax.
Burning calories is well understood that excess masturbation burns excess calories which will consequently cause problems while gaining. Excess maturbation can even lead to weight loss if you do not compensate for the burnt calories in the form of sleep, exercise and diet.
The Bottom Line
All in all, masturbation causes no harm in any aspect until and unless you are not ejaculating frequently, excessively, or aggressively. The side effects of releasing sperm depend on every individual's health.