6 Reasons why you need to turn a vegan
Why are people drawn to vegetarianism? People from all kinds of backgrounds, all kinds of professions and at all kind of ages have been going vegan over the past few years. All it seems like the world is waking up to the possibility of trading chronic disease for a happier, healthier life. Preventing the exploitation of animals is not just one reason for turning a vegan. For many, it remains the key factor in their decision to turn vegan and also stay like that. It mostly depends on their interests, experiences, as well as, an outlook of the world. What we eat is the most important and impactful part of our day. It is something that determines what disease we’re going to end up having. It’s actually a statement of how conscious we are. According to the study, an estimated 70 percent of all diseases, including many types of cancers, occur due to the diet.
So, if you’re playing with an idea of turning vegan or are already on your way towards a plant-based vegan diet, we give you 5 more reasons to stay focused towards that path:
1. Cancer Prevention: The regular consumption of fruits and vegetables is strongly associated with the lower risk of some types of cancers. It has been found that vegans have a lower overall rate of cancer as compared to the general population. If you consume red meat and processed meat, you are more at the risk of colorectal cancer. So, go vegan and avoid the risk. It’s only in your hands.
2. Lower the risk of Type 2 diabetes and heart diseases: Both the conditions are considered to be among the most chronic diseases. They are also man-made. Nobody wants to suffer from any of them. If you don’t want these complaints in your life, try to opt for food items that are lower in saturated fat as well as cholesterol. Vegans have shown 24 percent lower risk of getting heart diseases or diabetes as compared to non-vegetarians one.
3. Better Sexual Life: If you are a non-vegetarian and facing erectile dysfunction, there is a hidden link between both of them. Red meat has been found to lower the blood flow in the penile region and also decrease libido. In vegans, sperm quality has been found to be much better as compared to non-vegetarians one.
4. It makes economic sense: Vegan diets are extremely economical. When you center your eating patterns around grains, beans, seasonal fruits, you might be cutting your monthly expense in half. Many of these foods can be stored in bulk and be kept for a longer period of time. It is not only good for the health, but also for the nation’s economy. Not only this, healthy plant-based diets can prevent and even reverse chronic diseases. As a result, you’ll have to spend way less money on doctor’s visits as well as medications.
5. Empathy for animals: For many people, the ethical argument for veganism is not as strong, but still, it can never hurt to be kind. Sparing someone’s life is always the right thing to do. Animals in farms have no legal protection from the cruelty that is inflicted on them. A vegan lifestyle can awaken the spirit of compassion and also guides us towards a kinder world.
6. Better skin and digestion: For most of the people with acne-prone skin, dairy products are the culprit. Even many doctors are unaware of this issue and they prescribe harsh chemicals and medications in order to improve skin health. The actual secret lies in our diet. If you get rid of fatty foods like meat, oils, even nuts, and seeds, there are high chances of reduced acne. Water-rich fruits and vegetables have been found to give an additional boost to the health due to the high amount of minerals and vitamins present in them.
Vegetarian meals can be tasty, easy and fast. The great news is that you can turn any of your non-vegetarian dishes into a vegetarian one. Every time we make the switch from an animal product to the vegan one, we are actually standing up for innocent animals everywhere.
It’s time to ask ourselves if we can live without non-vegetarian food or not. Can we live a life that involves delicious food and drink which is free from any involvement of animals? Feel free to give your honest opinion in the comment section below.
Tags: Health reasons to go vegan, Vegan diet, Why be vegan facts