Tips To Raise A Smart Child
A healthy mind is as important as a healthy body. “We don’t want a smart child”, said no parents ever. But little do they know that the process of growing a child with brains starts in the womb only. The way a mother thinks, eats, drinks and feels, affects the cognitive development of the child to a great extent. It is also true that inherited genes play an important role in determining the personality as well as the intelligence of the baby but if you opt for some healthy lifestyle habits, it will definitely affect the baby in a positive way. It is always advised by specialists to carry out a good lifestyle during the pregnancy period.
Here are a few tips that you should definitely incorporate into your lifestyle if you wish to grow your little life into an individual of brains and wits.
- Stay fit and active: During pregnancy, one of the most important things to do is to stay fit and healthy. Stay away from the urge to laze around and get off your couch if you want a clever and smarter child. Exercising is a must for moms-to-be. Hormones that are released during exercise cross the placenta, that bathe your baby in good chemicals for around eight hours. Exercising also increases the flow of blood in your body giving a boost to the baby’s development. Even if you don’t want to do some hardcore exercising, you can stick to some lightweight exercises and brisk walks on the green grass. Active mothers have been found to have clever babies.
- Eat healthy: It is always required for pregnant women to eat healthy food. They should ask their doctor about the food habits they should opt for. Eat food items rich in omega 3 fatty acids as they are absolutely essential for the development of the baby. Some food items that are rich in omega 3 are soybeans, walnut, salmon, flaxseeds, fish. You can also eat food items rich in iron as they increase the flow of oxygen in your baby’s brain cells. Almonds are also a good source of protein and energy.
- Massage and talk to your bump: As soon as the development of the baby progresses, it starts interacting with the outside world. Your baby will understand and respond to every sound that you make. You can help your baby’s brain development by stimulating him by singing to him, talking to him. Massage your belly gently, it will send a calming message to the nervous system. You can use some oil like almond oil for the massage. You can listen to some soothing music or nursery rhymes. Smell beautiful, fresh flowers, fruits, soothing fragrances. It will help you with the baby’s brain stimulation.
- Check your thyroid levels: One of the essential things for a body is the thyroid. Unstable thyroid could affect your pregnancy. Its deficiency can affect the intelligent quotient of the baby. Therefore, it is advised by the doctors to eat an ample amount of sodium. If you are still not getting the required amount of iodine, also include iodized salt and yogurt in your diet.
- Keep your weight in check: We know that a baby lives in a womb for 9 months and there is a reason behind it. It needs proper nourishment to grow, develop as well as achieve full maturity. Your weight might be one of the reasons if the birth of your baby is not normal. To avoid premature delivery, it is necessary to keep your body weight in check. Excessive weight could result in premature delivery. So you must make sure not to overeat.
- Don’t avoid breastfeeding: After the birth of the baby, the first six months are crucial to him. The sole source of the baby’s development is breast milk. It is equipped with complete nourishment, so do not rule out breastfeeding in the most important phase of the child’s birth.
These are some tips for all the couples who want their baby to grow clever and intelligent. Stay safe and stay healthy.