Type 1 diabetes often called Juvenile diabetes usually takes place in children and young people, though it can develop at any age.
In type 1 diabetes, the body’s immune system attacks the part of pancreas, which releases insulin and they also see those cells that produce insulin as an outsider destroys them also. Insulin serves as the key to open the cells and allows them to use it for energy. In absence of it, sugar stays and builds up in blood. As a result, the cells of the body start starving in the absence of glucose and this leads to Type 1 diabetes.
Know the symptoms :
- Blurry Visions
- Unusual urination habits
- Unusual Cramping
- Increase in hunger
- Loss of weight
Risk Factors of Juvenile Diabetes :
- History of the Family : In some cases, family history of type 1 diabetes plays an important role. If a member of the family has type 1 diabetes, your risk of developing it increases.
- Race : It is more common in White individuals rather than black ones. Race is also one of the factors for the development of Type 1 diabetes.
How to diagnose Type 1 diabetes?
Type 1 diabetes is usually diagnosed with a very popular technique :
- Fasting blood sugar tests : This test is usually done to check whether a person is suffering from Type 1 diabetes or not. There are proper tests that are carried out in checking the blood sugar level. The test could be conducted only after 8 hours of fasting.
- A1C test : This is a also a common technique for testing that whether the person has type 1 diabetes or not. This test provides an overview for the blood glucose levels for the past months. This is also a very reliable test.
How to treat Type 1 diabetes?
If your body is unable to make insulin, you probably have type 1 diabetes. In that case, there are multiple treatments that can be done to cure type 1 diabetes.
- Intake of Insulin: People must take insulin regularly in order to maintain the balance inside the body. Usually, people take insulin injections, but they also use insulin pumps which spurts the insulin within the body through a port in the skin. It maintains the level of sugar.
- Diet: With the proper diet plan, type 1 diabetes can be cured to a greater rate. Healthy and balanced meal plan must be followed in order to avoid the symptoms of juvenile diabetes.
- Exercise: Exercising makes the body fit. It works in miraculous ways in curing diabetes of type 1. With the levels of exercise, insulin intake could also be regulates.