It's breast cancer awareness month. You may have participated in one or the other invaluable events to show your support. This time, I would suggest you should take your awareness of the disease one step ahead. Know the tips that you can follow in your lifestyle to get the risk of breast cancer reduced to some extent.
There are several risk factors for breast cancer, including heredity, high BMI (Body Mass Index), alcohol intake, breast abnormalities, etc.
Let us discuss some of the tips you can consider for breast cancer prevention:
- Exercise Regularly: Develop a propensity of performing exercise daily for at least half an hour. Studies have illustrated that women who do some physical activities regularly have reduced chances of getting breast cancer.
- Include healthier foods in your diet: Incorporate more fruits and fresh vegetables in your diet and reduce the risk of getting affected by breast cancer.
- Avoid smoking: Everyone knows that smoking is harmful to health. It is the root cause of several diseases, including stroke, heart attack, various types of cancer, including breast cancer. Moreover, it causes bad breath, early wrinkles, and also spoils our teeth. Maybe these reasons are enough for cigarette cessation.
- Breastfeeding: Studies have found that breastfeeding for more than a year can lower the risk of breast cancer. Not only this, it will make your child’s overall health better.
- Avoid Birth Control Medications: Birth-control medications have both positive and negative impacts. If you’ve crossed the age of 35 and you are still into such contraceptives, it's high time you should stop taking it. Risks disappear as soon as women stop taking them.
- Know your family history: If you have someone in your family who has breast cancer or ovarian cancer, be extra cautious because you are at a higher risk of getting affected with such diseases. Consult your healthcare professional and realize your family history of diseases.
- Don’t skip to screen: In spite of disputes, Breast cancer screenings are essential and that it can be a life-saving step. According to NCCN, women should get medically examined every 1-3 years, starting at the age of 25. After 40, you should take the exam every year. If you have a family history of breast cancer, you may start taking the exam at a younger age.
What Foods Should You Eat To Prevent Breast Cancer?
First of all, there’s no such food that can help prevent breast cancer, but we can follow specific guidelines to lower the risks.
Take foods that are rich in antioxidants as it can be advantageous to your health. When you smoke, free radicals get released to the blood. These free radicals are the root cause of several types of cancer, including breast cancer. Smoking also leads to heart disease and premature ejaculation.
Healthy eating habits have no harm and can enhance your overall well-being. It keeps you energized all through the day and provides you with nutrients needed for repair and maintenance of the body.
You can also consult your dietician or healthcare professional and get to know the best-suited diet catered to your needs. They are the ones who understand you, and your health needs better.
Foods are only a part of the disease-prevention story, and you should not consider it as the only preventive measure.
Also Read: Natural Ways To Raise Testosterone Levels
What are the ingredients you should look for?
Spices and supplements
Foods To Avoid
Eat healthily and improve your way of living - this not only prevents breast cancer but also keeps several other diseases away as well. Also, bear in mind, that fruits and vegetables lose their nutritional value as they stale. Eat fresh and eat right; that’s the key to a healthy life.
Tags: Breast Cancer Prevention Guidelines, Breast Cancer Prevention Foods, High Risk Breast Cancer Prevention, Primary Prevention Of Breast Cancer
The unbeatable queen of sarcasm, if you come across a witty and intelligent read on Cheap Medicine Shop, just know that it is written by Natalie Wegan. A graduate in dental hygiene, Natalie is as good a writer as she is a mother of two. No matter how mundane the topic might sound, just know that if she is writing it, it’s gonna be a treat to read.