Cancer has been considered as one of the most deadly diseases that has affected most of the people in the world. Cancer usually takes place when abnormal cells start developing in the body and spread to distant places in the body. It is always considered as life-threatening. Now, doctors have shown a great rate of success in treatment. Since you can not be completely sure that cancer will be cured by carrying out the treatments but still, there are some categories of cancer that have shown high recovery rate in the treatment. It has usually been found that a person who stays free of cancer for 5 years after a diagnosis has better odds of recovering from it.
Some of those cancers that could be completely cured if treated properly are:
- Thyroid Cancer: According to a report by National Cancer Institute, there are over 56000 new cases of thyroid cancer every year in The United States. It has also been found that 98% of the people are alive after 5 years of getting treated with thyroid cancer which is a good sign. It is like a butterfly-shaped gland in the neck that makes hormones your body needs to burn calories, control your heartbeat, and more. The most common type of thyroid cancer grows slowly. When the tumor starts growing into other tissues that are located nearby, then it starts getting problematic. In that case, doctors remove the cancerous tissues from the body with the help of different kinds of surgeries, and also remove the gland. After the successful surgery, people take medicines to replace the hormone that is made by the thyroid gland. There is also a type of thyroid cancer called anaplastic thyroid cancer that has a 5-year survival rate of only 7% but it is very rare.
If a person has a lump or swelling in their neck, it may be a sign of throat cancer. Doctors usually find it by getting an ultrasound. If you feel any irregularity in your throat, you must immediately consult your doctor and get all the tests.
- Prostate Cancer: It is the most common causes of Cancer in men. The rate of its development is slow that you won’t be able to diagnose it at first. It becomes clear when your prostate gets too large that it starts affecting the urethra which is a tube that carries urine from bladder to the penis. There are about 99% of chances of a person curing of prostate cancer because doctors usually catch most of the cases of prostate cancer before they even spread. When cancer starts spreading (a process called metastasis), it becomes complicated to treat. Once, if it reaches to distant places, it is hard to treat.
There are 2 main methods with which you can diagnose prostate cancer and get treated for it.
Also Read: What are 3 treatable cancer?
1. Digital Rectal Exam: In this, the doctor will check inside your bottom by inserting a gloved finger into your rectum to check the prostate gland and get the proper view before making any decision.
2. Blood Test: It is also called PSA test that measures the level of prostate-specific antigen(PSA) in a man’s blood. In men with prostate cancer, blood levels of PSA are usually elevated.
You could get a proper check-up by your doctor. If you notice any problem of peeing or blood in your urine, you should immediately get medical treatment.
- Breast Cancer: Breast Cancer is the most common cancer diagnosed in women. Modern medicines have been a miracle when it comes to diagnosing breast cancer. If diagnosed early i.e. within early stages 0 or 1, there are 99% to 100% chances of cure in the patients. It usually happens when the cancerous cells move from breast to lymph nodes of the body. According to the reports also, regular mammograms can help in your survival rate.
If you feel any kind of lump in your breast and find it abnormal, you should consult the doctor so as not to have any kind of doubts and get a complete treatment so as to ensure early recovery.
Tags: Stage 3 cancer survival rate, Breast cancer treatments, Prostate cancer treatments
Annie is the oldest writer at Cheap Medicine Shop and is the subject and publishing expert. She has a graduate degree in medicines along with a diploma in creative writing.