Also known as Azadirachta Indica, Neem tree is a native Indian tree. There are uncountable benefits of Neem. Some of them include its ability to treat dandruff, protect the skin, soothe the skin, reduce inflammation and many more. It slows down the aging process and also improves the health of hair. You might have noticed people chewing the stick of neem as a replacement for brushing. It is also an integral part of Ayurveda. Before knowing how need amazingly boosts our health, let’s find out something about this magical plant.
What is Neem?
It is the common name of an extremely important native to the Indian subcontinent, although it now grows in certain parts of the Middle East as well. These trees are actually in the mahogany family of trees. They grow very rapidly and have broad-spreading leaves. These trees typically grow in tropical and subtropical regions. Each part has its medicinal value like: The leaves of neem are beneficial in curing skin ailments like eczema as well as psoriasis. The bark is used as a food additive. Its fruit and seeds are used as the source from which oil is extracted. The twig is used for oral health. Neem has always been part of a natural beauty tradition for thousands of years. It does wonders for your health.
Some health benefits that might amaze you too:
- Antibacterial Potential: According to the studies, neem possesses excellent antibacterial properties. Not only that, it also has antifungal and antiviral properties. They are also used to treat warts as well as chicken pox. You can either apply the paste on the affected area or you can have a bath in neem water. The extracts of neem have also shown great antimicrobial properties that work against dangerous bacteria. These antibacterial properties can be used to control foodborne pathogens and also spoilage organisms. It also contains certain bioactive compounds that act as an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial agent.
- Works as a contraceptive: Its medicinal properties are so broad that it can even be used as a contraceptive. The antifertility effects of neem have been substantiated in certain studies. Its oil can be used as a spermicide. It is also an inexpensive birth control option and is readily available as a natural and nontoxic remedy.
- Controls diabetes: The chemical components of neem can optimize the insulin receptor function. It also ensures whether a body is receiving the proper amount of insulin or not, that protects against the development of diabetes. It can also be used to minimize the dependence on insulin therapy.
Also Read: 8 Weird things that give you glowing skin
- Better Dental Health: Chewing neem twigs have been the oldest tradition in India. There is a reason behind that. Neem twigs are chewed by people because of the antibacterial, anti-inflammatory as well as antibiotic properties. It keeps away all sorts of dental infections.
- Helps in Indigestion: It can be used in the form of powder or liquid extract in treating digestive ailments especially constipation.
- For strong and long hair: It also helps in strengthening and improving the hair quality and also promoting the growth of hair. Its paste is also used as a conditioner. Neem is also an excellent way to curb dandruff. This makes hair follicles stronger and nourished as well.
- Treats skin disorder: Neem has a detoxifying property that is used to treat eczema and other skin related infections. It also reduces acne due to its anti inflammatory properties. It is known to relieve skin dryness, skin itchiness, and also redness. It prevents pimples as well as skin blemishes.
- Improve Eye Health: There is no concrete study that proves it but it is believed that by boiling some neem leaves, allowing its water to cool down and then rinsing your eyes with the water will help in treating any kind of redness or infection in your eyes.
- Alleviates muscle and joint pain: Since it has pain suppressing properties, that help relieve the joint pains and also treat swelling in the joints. Regularly massage your joints with neem oil. It will also help in reducing the lower back pain.
- Regulate Blood Pressure: It has some curative properties that help in regulating the blood pressure. Not only blood pressure, neem leaves extract has also shown a significant improvement in cancer. It helps destroy cancer cells of the prostate. They improve the response of immune by eliminating free radicals and also inhibiting cell division as well as inflammation.
With its amazing properties, everyone is advised to start using this magical plant. Share this with your family and friends and encourage them to use neem more and more. If you know of any other benefit, comment in the section below and tell us. Stay Fit Stay Healthy.
Tags: Neem oil uses, Neem oil for hair, Neem oil for skin
Annie is the oldest writer at Cheap Medicine Shop and is the subject and publishing expert. She has a graduate degree in medicines along with a diploma in creative writing.