Yoga is believed to be a natural, useful and an effective way to deal with sexual health problems. Sexual health problem is any problem that a couple of face during sexual activity and leads to unsatisfactory sexual intercourse. Though there are medicines available to treat any health problem but natural ways are the best way as it increases the efficacy of such drugs. Nowadays, erectile dysfunction is a joint sexual dysfunction in men. It is also known as impotence and a condition in which a man cannot get or maintain the satisfying erection. There are many treatments available for erectile dysfunction and these days the most recommended medicines by the doctor to treat this sexual dysfunction in men are Cialis, Viagra, and Levitra. Any of these medicines should be taken around an hour before sexual activity and they are considered as effective medicines. There are many causes of erectile dysfunction such as vascular disease, nerve damage, psychological factors, hormonal problems etc. But Vascular disease is believed to be the most common medical cause of erectile dysfunction as the proper erections are caused when the blood builds up in the penis. The vascular disease leads to poor blood flow to the penis and hence problems with erections.
There are many Yoga postures that boost the fertility and some of them are as follows:
1. Naukasana or Boat Pose
This boat pose is used to treat many disorders and erectile dysfunction is one such disorder in men that can be cured with this pose. It improves the circulation of blood in the body and also regulates the functions of pancreas, lungs, and kidneys. It is also beneficial for diabetic patients to maintain the sugar level in the body and diabetes is one of the common cause of sexual dysfunction.
Directions to do naukasana
- Lie on your back, breathe normally and keep your arms by your side
- Inhale, and lift your legs and keep your legs straight
- Now, exhale and lift your upper body off the ground and stretch your arms towards the feet
- You will feel the pressure on the navel as the abdomen muscles contract
- Hold this position for few seconds and then return back to the initial position.
Also Read: How High Sugar Level Leads To Erectile Dysfunction
2. Kandasana or Upward ankle lift pose
Kandasana is said to be the best yoga asana to enhance sexuality and overcome erectile dysfunction. It stimulates the organs such as kidney and bladder and also maintains the health and functions of the lower part of the body.
Directions to practice kandasana
- Sit on the floor with the legs stretched straight in the front.
- Bend your knees, keep your feet towards the trunk and heels close to the perineum. Also, keep your knees on the floor.
- Inhale, and place the soles of the feet against your navel and balance it. Use your hands.
- Keep your back erect and try holding the position for at least few seconds.
- Lower your legs on the floor, rest and repeat this pose.
3. Gomukhasana or Cow face pose
Gomukhasana stimulates the blood circulation in the body and makes it energetic. It also works on the muscles and helps in treating sexual disorders. Gomukhasana is highly beneficial for those who suffer from diabetes and diabetes is a cause of sexual dysfunction. It also reduces stress and anxiety.
Directions to practice gomukhasana
- Sit on the ground with your legs stretched outwards.
- Bend your left leg and place it under the right buttock. Also, bend your right leg and place it on the left thigh.
- Now, fold your left arm and place it behind the back
- Keep your right arm over your right shoulder. Stretch and try to reach to the left arm.
- Breathe normally and hold the pose for about 30 seconds.
4. Supta Vajrasana or Supine thunderbolt pose
Not only sexual dysfunction but supta vajrasana pose is beneficial to the entire body. There are so many benefits to practicing this pose. It brings in the fresh supply of the blood, particularly to the kidneys, liver, pancreas, and bowels. It is also useful for those who are dealing with the respiratory disorders, and it maintains the functioning of adrenal glands as well.
Directions to practice supta vajrasana
- Take a kneeling position with knees, ankles, and toes touching the ground.
- Take support of your elbows and lean back slowly from the waist and touch your shoulders and back to the ground. Do not raise your knees.
- Cross your arms and place the palms beneath the shoulder.
- Do not change the position of the knees. Close your eyes and rest.
- Hold that position for about 30 to sixty seconds.
- Then slowly return to the initial position.
Yoga is not only beneficial to treat erectile dysfunction in men but it is a best and the most effective natural way to deal with all the health problems. It has a capability to cure the diseases or at least it can improve the symptoms of the diseases. These are the best four yoga poses for this health issue, there are many.
Tags: Pranayama for erectile dysfunction, Yoga for erectile dysfunction, Food for erectile dysfunction
Annie is the oldest writer at Cheap Medicine Shop and is the subject and publishing expert. She has a graduate degree in medicines along with a diploma in creative writing.