Calutide 50 Mg
USA Brand Name
Calutide 50 Mg (Bicalutamide)
What Is The Generic Name For Calutide 50 Mg?
Bicalutamide is the generic version for Calutide 50 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Calutide 50 mg (Bicalutamide)?
About Calutide 50 Mg (Bicalutamide):
Calutide 50 mg contains an active ingredient Bicalutamide 50 mg, an antiandrogen that is used in men for the treatment of prostate cancer. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Calutide 50 mg.
Calutide 50 mg contains an active ingredient, Bicalutamide 50 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Calutide 50 Mg (Bicalutamide)?
Calutide 50 mg is used in:
How Calutide 50 Mg (Bicalutamide) Works?
Calutide 50 mg contains an active ingredient Bicalutamide, an antiandrogen which basically acts by blocking the effects of natural male hormones on the growth of prostate cells. It also blocks the undesired effects of androgens in females such as excessive hair growth and acne.
Before You Use Calutide 50 Mg (Bicalutamide)?
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Bicalutamide
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Calutide 50 Mg (Bicalutamide)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should avoid direct exposure to excessive sunlight or UV light
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Calutide 50 Mg (Bicalutamide)?
You should avoid Calutide 50 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Liver disease
- Are pregnant
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have rare hereditary problems of Galactose Intolerance.
- Experience symptoms of Abdominal Pain, Anorexia, Dark Urine, Fatigue, Jaundice, Nausea, and Vomiting
- Have any Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Calutide 50 mg contains an active ingredient, Bicalutamide 50 mg, used in the treatment of prostate cancer. Calutide 50 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor before use and always ask for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Calutide 50 mg at a fixed time, with food or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. This is not recommended for Children and Females
How Much Of The Calutide 50 Mg (Bicalutamide) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Calutide 50 mg.
How To Take The Calutide 50 Mg (Bicalutamide)?
Calutide 50 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. You can take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Calutide 50 Mg?
You are always advised to take Calutide 50 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Calutide 50 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Calutide 50 Mg (Bicalutamide)?
- Unusual Bleeding or Bruising
- Yellowing of Skin and Eyes
- Abdominal Pain
- Flu-Like Symptoms
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Loss of Appetite
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Difficulty in Passing Urine
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Calutide 50 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
Warning And Precaution:
- Calutide 50 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver Function
- It is not recommended for Breastfeeding/Pregnant women and Pediatric Population.
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Close monitoring of blood glucose levels is recommended in patients with a history of Diabetes Mellitus
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Calutide 50 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Calutide 50 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.