Cephadex 500 Mg
|US Brand Name||Keflex|
About the brand
Cephadex 500 is a brand of Cipla laboratories which is marketed globally by the company.
About the drug
Active ingredient in Cephadex 500 is Cephalexin.
Cephadex 500 is used for treatment of bacterial infections.
Manufacturer of Cephadex 500
Cephadex 500 having Cephalexin is manufactured primarily by Cipla laboratories. You can buy this product at www.cheapmedicineshop.com
Cephadex 500 is a hard gelatin capsule containing 500 mg of Cephalexin.
US brands equivalent to Cephalexin the salt in Cephadex 500
Use of Cephalexin the salt in Cephadex 500
• Bone infections: Treatment of bone infections caused by Staphylococcus aureus and/or Proteus mirabilis.
• Genitourinary tract infections: Treatment of genitourinary tract infections, including acute prostatitis, caused by Escherichia coli, P. mirabilis, and Klebsiella pneumoniae.
• Otitis media: Treatment of otitis media caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, S. aureus, Streptococcus pyogenes, and Moraxella catarrhalis.
• Respiratory tract infections: Treatment of respiratory tract infections caused by S. pneumonia and S. pyogenes.
• Skin and skin structure infections: Treatment of skin and skin structure infections caused by S. aureus and/or S. pyrogens.
How Cephadex 500 works (salt name: Cephalexin)?
Cephalexin, the active salt in Cephadex 500, works by inhibiting bacterial cell wall synthesis by binding to one or more of the penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs) which in turn inhibit the final transpeptidation step of peptidoglycan synthesis in bacterial cell walls, thus inhibiting cell wall biosynthesis. Bacteria eventually lyse due to ongoing activity of cell wall autolytic enzymes (autolysins and murein hydrolases) while cell wall assembly is arrested.
How to take Cephadex 500?
• To gain the most benefit, do not miss doses.
• Keep taking this drug as you have been told by your doctor or other health care provider, even if you feel well.
• Take with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach.
Cephalexin, the active salt in Cephadex 500, is to be taken in dosages which ranges from 250 to 1,000 mg every 6 hours or 500 mg every 12 hours (maximum: 4 g/day). More specific dosages for your condition will be directed by the doctor.
How long Cephadex 500 should be continued?
For most of the conditions it is prescribed to be taken for 7-14 days. More specific duration of treatment for your condition will be directed by the doctor.
Dose of Cephadex 500 missed?
• Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
• If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
• Do not take extra dose to make up for a missed dose.
Drug interaction with Cephadex 500
• BCG (Intravesical)
• BCG Vaccine (Immunization)
• Cholera Vaccine
• Lactobacillus and Estriol
• Multivitamins/Minerals (with ADEK, Folate, Iron)
• Multivitamins/Minerals (with AE, No Iron)
• Sodium Picosulfate
• Typhoid Vaccine
• Vitamin K Antagonists (eg, warfarin)
• Zinc Salts
When not to take Cephadex 500?
• If you have an allergy to cephalexin or any other part of this drug.
• If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
• If you are taking probenecid.
• This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with this drug.
• Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this drug with all of your drugs and health problems. Does not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
Adverse Effects / Side effects of Cephadex 500
Tell your doctor - if you have any of the following:
• Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
• Signs of liver problems like dark urine, feeling tired, not hungry, upset stomach or stomach pain, light-colored stools, throwing up, or yellow skin or eyes.
• Any unexplained bruising or bleeding.
• Fever or chills.
• A sore throat.
• Feeling very tired or weak.
• Feeling confused.
• Hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are not there).
• Not able to pass urine or change in how much urine is passed.
• Vaginal itching or discharge.
• It is common to have diarrhea when taking this drug. Rarely, a very bad form of diarrhea called Clostridium difficile (C diff)–associated diarrhea (CDAD) may occur. Sometimes, this has led to a deadly bowel problem (colitis). CDAD may happen while you are taking this drug or within a few months after you stop taking it. Call your doctor right away if you have stomach pain or cramps, very loose or watery stools, or bloody stools. Do not try to treat loose stools without first checking with your doctor.
• A very bad skin reaction (Stevens-Johnson syndrome/toxic epidermal necrolysis) may happen. It can cause very bad health problems that may not go away, and sometimes death. Get medical help right away if you have signs like red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin (with or without fever); red or irritated eyes; or sores in your mouth, throat, nose, or eyes.
Minor side effects:
• All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
• Upset stomach or throwing up.
• Loose stools (diarrhea).
• Belly pain.
Overdose effects of Cephalexin the salt in Cephadex 500
If you (someone else) swallow a lot of capsules at the same time, call doctor immediately. The signs of overdose are nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhea, blood in your urine.
General information and Precautions
• If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
• Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
• Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
• Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
• Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. If you have any questions about this drug, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
• If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Concerns related to adverse effects:
• Hypersensitivity: Allergic reactions (eg, rash, urticaria, angioedema, anaphylaxis, erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis [TEN]) have been reported. If an allergic reaction occurs, discontinue immediately and institute appropriate treatment.
• Elevated INR: May be associated with increased INR, especially in nutritionally-deficient patients, prolonged treatment, hepatic or renal disease.
• Penicillin allergy: Use with caution in patients with a history of penicillin allergy, especially IgE-mediated reactions (eg, anaphylaxis, angioedema, urticaria).
• Seizure disorder: Use with caution in patients with a history of seizure disorder; high levels, particularly in the presence of renal impairment, may increase risk of seizures.
• Superinfection: Prolonged use may result in fungal or bacterial superinfection, including C. difficile-associated diarrhea (CDAD) and pseudomembranous colitis; CDAD has been observed >2 months post-antibiotic treatment.
• Renal impairment: Use with caution in patients with renal impairment; modify dosage in severe impairment.
Where can I buy this product?
All the information provided for Cephadex 500 (Cephalexin) is solely for informational purposes and is not, in any event, meant to be a substitute for the advise or instructions given to you by your physician.
The content on this page is meant for informational purposes and is not, under any circumstances, supposed to be treated as a substitute for any medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. For any questions that you may have regarding a medical condition, it is advisable you consult your physician or seek help from a qualified health provider before you start medicating yourself. In case you have any concerns regarding the content on our website, please write to us at content@cheapmedicineshop.