Cordarone 100 Mg
USA Brand Name
Cardarone 100 Mg:
What Is The Generic Name For Cardarone:
Amiodarone is the generic version for Cardarone
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Cordarone 100 Mg (Amiodarone):
About Cordarone 100 Mg (Amiodarone)
Cordarone 100 mg contains an active ingredient, Amiodarone, which is used in the treatment of arrhythmia and available at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given on doctor’s prescription only.
Sanofi (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Cordarone 100 mg.
Cordarone 100 mg contains Amiodarone 100 mg per tablet and is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Cordarone 100 Mg (Amiodarone):
- Cordarone 100 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Various kinds of Arrhythmias (Irregular Heart Rhythm)
How Cordarone 100 Mg (Amiodarone) Works:
Cordarone 100 mg has an anti-arrhythmic agent, Amiodarone which blocks the abnormal electrical signals in the heart to correct irregular heartbeat to a normal rhythm.
Before You Use Cordarone 100 Mg (Amiodarone):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Amiodarone
- Your doctor must know about your Surgeries, Pre- existing disease, Medications, Supplements, Food Habits, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Cordarone 100 Mg (Amiodarone):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid Driving or mechanical job that needs your alertness
- Avoid direct contact with sunlight as it may cause photosensitivity
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Cordarone 100 Mg (Amiodarone):
You should not take Cordarone 100 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Suffered from Cardiogenic Shock
- Have had Heart blockage greater than first degree
- Have Sinus Bradycardia
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Disease
- Have other Heart Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Feel Breathlessness, Persistent Cough, Jaundice, Restless, and Weight Loss/Gain
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Have Eye Problems
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Have any other Dysfunction or Disease or taking other medicines
Cordarone 100 mg contains Amiodarone that is used in the treatment of Arrhythmia. It may be available in different strengths and substitutes but should be given on prescription only. Ask your doctor for dosage and frequency as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Cordarone 100 mg at a fixed time regularly with or without food. It has several adverse effects and is prescribed only when the condition is serious and no other treatment is suitable.
How Much Of The Cordarone 100 Mg (Amiodarone) to Be Used:
Cordarone 100 mg preferably is to be taken regularly once or twice daily depending upon the condition and as instructed by the doctor.
How To Take The Cordarone 100 Mg (Amiodarone):
Cordarone 100 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time regularly. Just swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. It can be taken with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Cordarone 100 Mg:
You are always advised to take Cordarone 100 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. You are not advised to take it in a larger amount than recommended by your doctor.
Call your doctor or reach to nearby hospital immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms.
A missed dose of Cordarone 100 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose but do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Cordarone 100 Mg (Amiodarone):
- Increased sensitivity of the skin to sunlight
- Blurred vision
- Irregular heartbeat
- Trouble sleeping
- Skin rashes
- Yellow-colored eyes or skin
- Nausea/ Vomiting
- Loss of appetite
- Slow heart rate
- Increased liver enzymes
- Altered taste
- Increased level of thyroid hormones and decreased TSH levels
- Corneal micro-deposits
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Cordarone 100 mg may interact with other medicine you are already taking and these interactions can produce some adverse effects or cause the drug not to work properly. Always tell your doctor if you are on other medications or Supplements. Grapefruit juice is not recommended with this medicine. Cordarone 100 mg interacts with the following medicines:
- Azole Antifungal Drugs
Interaction with disease:
- Electrolyte Imbalance
Warning And Precaution:
Cordarone 100 mg can worsen the conditions like:
- Pulmonary toxicity
- Worsened Arrhythmia
- Impaired Liver function
- It is not recommended for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Things To Remember:
- Regular Exercise and Proper Diet is good for health
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine
- Discuss with your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Cordarone 100 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor.
Store the Cordarone 100 mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure that the tablets should be intact and not damaged.