Dulcoflex 5 Mg
USA Brand Name
Dulcoflex 5 Mg (Bisacodyl)
What Is The Generic Name For Dulcoflex 5 Mg:
Bisacodyl is the generic version for Dulcoflex 5 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Dulcoflex 5 mg (Bisacodyl):
About Dulcoflex 5 Mg (Bisacodyl):
Dulcoflex 5 mg contains an active ingredient, Bisacodyl which is used in the treatment of Constipation. It is a prescription based drug and can be found at any of the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sanofi (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Dulcoflex 5 mg.
Dulcoflex 5 mg contains Bisacodyl, 5 mg per tablet which is available in the different strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Dulcoflex 5 Mg (Bisacodyl):
- Dulcoflex 5 mg is used in the treatment of:
How Dulcoflex 5 Mg (Bisacodyl) Works:
Dulcoflex 5 mg (Bisacodyl) works by increasing the motility of the intestine which is responsible for making the stool soft and easier to pass.
Before You Use Dulcoflex 5 Mg (Bisacodyl):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Bisacodyl
- You are not taking other medicines with it as it may interfere in absorption of the medicines
- You are taking fibre rich diet containing whole grain bread and cereals, fruits and green leafy vegetables for healthy bowel function.
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Dulcoflex 5 Mg (Bisacodyl):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid taking it more than a week as it may cause dependency
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions and with Dulcoflex
When Not To Use Dulcoflex 5 Mg (Bisacodyl):
You should not use Dulcoflex 5 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are taking other medicines at the same time
- Have intestinal bleeding, inflammation or disorders
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- Always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Do not feel better or taking it for more than a week
- Have any Intestinal Disease
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive/ Breastfeeding
- Are taking other medicines
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Dulcoflex 5 mg contains an active ingredient, Bisacodyl, which is used in the treatment of constipation and available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Dulcoflex 5 mg is a well-tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time but always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Patients are advised to take Dulcoflex 5 mg at a fixed time, empty stomach preferably at bedtime as it needs 6-8 hrs to work. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. it is not recommended for pregnant women.
How Much Of The Dulcoflex 5 Mg (Bisacodyl) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Dulcoflex 5 mg. you should not take it more than a week as it may cause dependency. It is advisable to take fibre rich diet containing fruits, whole grain bread, cereals, and green vegetables for better bowel movement.
How To Take The Dulcoflex 5 Mg (Bisacodyl):
Dulcoflex 5 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time, empty stomach preferably at bedtime. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing/ crushing it. It is better to take it at 2 hrs hour gap if you are taking other medicines also.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Dulcoflex 5 Mg (Bisacodyl)
You are always advised to take Dulcoflex 5 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it more than one week constantly.
Contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting an Overdose.
A missed dose of Dulcoflex 5 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Dulcoflex 5 Mg (Bisacodyl)
- Abdominal cramps
- Rectal bleeding
- Stomach discomfort and pain
- Nausea/ Vomiting
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Dulcoflex 5 mg may interact with few medicines which can produce some adverse effects or cause your medicine not to work properly. Always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Calcium carbonate
- Magnesium carbonate
- Milk is reported to cause gastric irritation if taken within 1 hr.
Warning And Precaution:
Dulcoflex 5 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Electrolyte Imbalance
- Intestinal Obstruction
- Rectal Bleeding
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Blood In Stool
- Pediatric Use
- Consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment.
Things To Remember:
- Take fiber rich diet like fruits, cereals, whole grain bread, etc.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Consult your doctor if you have any confusion regarding the dose, time, and the strength of the Tablet
Do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician/or more than a week.
Store the Dulcoflex 5 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure that the tablets should be intact and not damaged.