Hostacycline 250 Mg
USA Brand Name
Hostacycline 250 Mg (Tetracycline)
What Is The Generic Name For Hostacycline:
Tetracycline is the generic version for Hostacycline
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Hostacycline 250 mg (Tetracycline):
About Hostacycline 250 Mg (Tetracycline):
Hostacycline 250 mg contains an active ingredient Tetracycline 250 mg, which is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. Leading online drugstores, pharmacy stores, and medical supply stores will have Hostacycline but you can buy it on doctor’s prescription only.
Aventis is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Hostacycline 250 mg.
Hostacycline 250 mg contains Tetracycline 250 mg per tablet which may be available in different substitutes and maybe other strengths at any of the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Hostacycline 250 Mg (Tetracycline):
Hostacycline 250 mg is used in Bacterial Infections like:
- Chlamydia Infection
- Rickettsial Infection
- Respiratory tract infection like bronchitis or pneumonia
- Skin and soft tissue infection
- Urinary tract infection and other infections
How Hostacycline 250 Mg (Tetracycline) Works:
Tetracycline (an antibiotic) in Hostacycline inhibits bacterial growth by inhibiting the synthesis of essential proteins which are very important and required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Before You Use Hostacycline 250 Mg (Tetracycline):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Tetracycline
- Your doctor knows about your Pre-existing disease, Surgery, Medications, Supplements, etc.
What Should You Avoid While Taking Hostacycline 250 Mg (Tetracycline):
- Avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid taking Antacids, Calcium, and Iron 2 hr before and 6 hrs. after taking it
- Strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Hostacycline 250 Mg (Tetracycline):
You should not take Hostacycline 250 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity
- Appear to have skin rashes and itching, swelling of face and mouth, difficulty in breathing while taking it
- Have severe Liver and Kidney Dysfunction
- Are Pregnant/ Breastfeeding women
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Hypersensitive to it
- Are having any liver/ Kidney disease
- Appear to have Skin rashes and itching, swelling on face and mouth, and difficulty in breathing while taking it
- Are suffering from Diarrhea or lose bowel movement while taking this medicine
- Are Pregnant/ Breastfeeding women
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Hostacycline 250 mg is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is a prescription-only drug and you should follow your doctor’s instructions for the frequency, duration, and dosage of the medicine because age and severity of the disease differ from patient to patient.
Adults are advised to take Hostacycline 250 mg at a fixed time, with food to avoid stomach upset. You are advised to complete the course even if you are feeling better.
How Much Of The Hostacycline 250 Mg (Tetracycline) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Hostacycline 250 mg. Usually, dose may vary depending upon the condition of the patient.
How To Take The Hostacycline 250 Mg (Tetracycline):
Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. Take the tablet at fixed time with food and plenty of fluids to avoid Stomach Upset and Acid Reflux.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Hostacycline 250 Mg
Patients are always advised to take Hostacycline as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended but you should always finish your basic course of antibiotics.
Call your doctor or reach nearby medical facility immediately if you are suspecting the overdose symptoms
A missed dose of Hostacycline 250 mg must be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Hostacycline 250 Mg (Tetracycline)
- Increased Sensitivity towards Sunlight
- Loss of Appetite
- Skin Rash
- Itching on Genital and Rectal Areas
- Abdominal Pain
- Yellowing of Teeth
- Mouth Ulcer
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Hostacycline 250 mg may interact with other medicines you are already taking and these interactions may produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. Always inform your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Cholera Vaccine
- Calcium Gluconate
It may interact with a diseased condition like:
Warning And Precaution:
Hostacycline 250 mg should be used very cautiously in patients having:
- Allergy/ Hypersensitivity
- Liver Dysfunction
- Use in Children
- It is not recommended in pregnant and breastfeeding women
Things To Remember:
- Take it with food and plenty of fluids to avoid stomach upset and acid reflux.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Ask your doctor if you have any doubt related to the dose, time, and strength of the tablet
Do not stop taking Hostacycline 250 mg in between the course until recommended by your physician
Store the Hostacycline 250 mg at room temperature in a clean and dry place. Make sure that the tablets are not damaged.