Nexpro 20 Mg
USA Brand Name
Torrent Pharmaceuticals, India
Nexpro 20 Mg (Esomeprazole Magnesium)
What Is The Generic Name For Nexpro 20 Mg:
Esomeprazole Magnesium is the generic version for Nexpro 20 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Nexpro 20 Mg (Esomeprazole Magnesium)
About Nexpro 20 Mg (Esomeprazole Magnesium)
Nexpro 20 mg contains an active ingredient, Esomeprazole Magnesium, a Proton Pump Inhibitor which is used in the treatment of Stomach Ulcers, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disorders, etc. It is widely available at all the drugstores, leading pharmacy, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Torrent Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Nexpro 20 mg.
Nexpro 20 mg contains an active ingredient, Esomeprazole Magnesium, 20 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Nexpro 20 Mg (Esomeprazole Magnesium):
Nexpro 20 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Erosive Esophagitis
- Stomach Ulcers
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Helicobacter Pylori Infection
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
- Other forms of Ulcers
How Nexpro 20 Mg (Esomeprazole Magnesium) Works:
Nexpro 20 mg has an active ingredient, Esomeprazole Magnesium, a proton pump Inhibitor which basically works by reducing the amount of acid in the stomach which further helps in relief of acid-related indigestion and heartburn
Before You Use Nexpro 20 Mg (Esomeprazole Magnesium):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Esomeprazole Magnesium
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Nexpro 20 Mg (Esomeprazole Magnesium):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Nexpro 20 Mg (Esomeprazole Magnesium):
You should avoid Nexpro 20 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Have Osteoporosis
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- Have any other serious condition which can be worsened by intake of Esomeprazole Magnesium
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Are suffering from Osteoporosis
- Have any Heart Disease
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies.
Nexpro 20 mg contains an active ingredient, Esomeprazole Magnesium, which is used in the treatment of all types of Ulcer and Acidity disease and available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Nexpro 20 mg is well-tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time but you should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Nexpro 20 mg at a fixed time, 1 hour prior to the meal. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Nexpro 20 Mg (Esomeprazole Magnesium) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Nexpro 20 mg. It is advisable to take Calcium and Magnesium Supplements while taking this medicine.
How To Take The Nexpro 20 Mg (Esomeprazole Magnesium):
Nexpro 20 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it 1 hour before the meal.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Nexpro 20 Mg (Esomeprazole Magnesium):
You are always advised to take Nexpro 20 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Nexpro 20 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Nexpro 20 Mg (Esomeprazole Magnesium)
- Stomach Pain
- Skin Rashes
- Swelling and Redness at the Injection Site
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Swelling of Face, Lips, Eyelids, Tongue, Hands, and Feet
- Irregular Heartbeat
- Severe Diarrhea
- Decreased Appetite
- Unusual Tiredness and Weakness
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Nexpro 20 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Liver Disease
- It also interacts with Neuroendocrine Tumor Diagnosis:
- If you are taking Nexpro 20 MG Tablet then report to the doctor before undergoing the neuroendocrine/carcinoid tumor test. This medicine may give a false-positive result for this diagnostic test.
Warning And Precaution:
Nexpro 20 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Immune System Disorder
- Any Infection
- Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- Bone Fracture (caused due to reduced Calcium Levels in the body)
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- It is not recommended for Breastfeeding Mothers as it can cause a fatal effect on the baby.
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Monitor your Magnesium Levels and Kidney Function regularly
- Take Calcium supplements or syrups while taking this medicine
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Nexpro 20 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Nexpro 20 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.