Nizonide 500 Mg
USA Brand Name
Nizonide 500 Mg (Nitazoxanide)
What Is The Generic Name For Nizonide 500 Mg:
Nitazoxanide is the generic version for Nizonide 500 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Nizonide 500 Mg (Nitazoxanide)
About Nizonide 500 Mg (Nitazoxanide)
Nizonide 500 mg contains an active ingredient, Nitazoxanide which is used in the treatment of Diarrhea and Parasitic Worm Infection. It is widely available at all the drugstores, leading pharmacy, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Ind-Swift (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Nizonide 500 mg.
Nizonide 500 mg contains an active ingredient, Nitazoxanide, 500 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Nizonide 500 Mg (Nitazoxanide):
Nizonide 500 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Parasitic Worm Infection
How Nizonide 500 Mg (Nitazoxanide) Works:
Nizonide 500 mg has an active ingredient, Nitazoxanide, an anthelminthic which basically inhibits the production of certain chemicals and substances essential for energy metabolism and growth of the parasitic worm.
Before You Use Nizonide 500 Mg (Nitazoxanide):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Nitazoxanide
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Nizonide 500 Mg (Nitazoxanide):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Nizonide 500 Mg (Nitazoxanide):
You should avoid Nizonide 500 mg if you:
- Have any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have HIV/AIDS or any other Immune Disease
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Have any other serious condition which can be worsened by intake of Nitazoxanide
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have any Heart Disease
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies.
Nizonide 500 mg contains an active ingredient, Nitazoxanide, which is used in the treatment of Diarrhea and Parasitic Worm Infection and available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Nizonide 500 mg is well-tolerated medicine and provides relief for a long time but you should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Nizonide 500 mg at a fixed time, with food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is not recommended for the babies below 1 year and should be given to patients of age >65 with extra care.
How Much Of The Nizonide 500 Mg (Nitazoxanide) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Nizonide 500 mg.
How To Take The Nizonide 500 Mg (Nitazoxanide):
Nizonide 500 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Nizonide 500 Mg:
You are always advised to take Nizonide 500 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Nizonide 500 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Just skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Nizonide 500 Mg (Nitazoxanide)
- Hair loss
- Abnormal liver function tests
- Abdominal pain
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Nizonide 500 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
Warning And Precaution:
- Nizonide 500 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Immune System Disorder
- Any Infection
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Monitor your Stool for the Infection
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Nizonide 500 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Nizonide 500 mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.