Plavix 75 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sanofi India Ltd.
Plavix 75 Mg (Clopidogrel)
What Is The Generic Name For Plavix 75 Mg:
Clopidogrel is the generic version for Plavix 75 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Plavix 75 mg (Clopidogrel):
About Plavix 75 Mg (Clopidogrel):
Plavix 75 mg contains an active ingredient, Clopidogrel, an antiplatelet drug that prevents clotting of Blood in Blood Vessels. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sanofi India Ltd. is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Plavix 75 mg.
Plavix 75 mg contains an active ingredient, Clopidogrel, 75 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Plavix 75 Mg (Clopidogrel):
Plavix 75 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Heart Attack
- Unstable Angina
- Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Ischemic Stroke
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
How Plavix 75 Mg (Clopidogrel) Works:
Plavix 75 mg has an active ingredient, Clopidogrel, an antiplatelet medicine that basically prevents platelets from sticking together and hence decreases the formation of harmful blood clots which in turn lowers the chance of heart attack or stroke.
Before You Use Plavix 75 Mg (Clopidogrel):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Clopidogrel
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Plavix 75 Mg (Clopidogrel):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Surgery or any Dental Procedure or Vice versa
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Plavix 75 Mg (Clopidogrel):
You should avoid Plavix 75 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Have gone through any Surgical/Dental procedure
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving
- Have any other serious condition which can be worsened by intake of Clopidogrel
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have any Heart Disease
- Have any Intestinal/Stomach Disease
- Observe blood in the Urine, Black Stools, Bruising easily, Nosebleeds, Bleeding from your Gums, cuts that take a long time to stop, and heavier than normal menstrual bleeding.
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Plavix 75 mg contains an active ingredient, Clopidogrel, which is used in the prevention of clotting of blood in Blood Vessels hence preventing Heart Attack and other conditions. Plavix 75 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as the age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Plavix 75 mg at a fixed time, with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is not recommended in patients who have clotting disorders.
How Much Of The Plavix 75 Mg (Clopidogrel) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Plavix 75 mg.
How To Take The Plavix 75 Mg (Clopidogrel):
Plavix 75 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Plavix 75 Mg (Clopidogrel)
You are always advised to take Plavix 75 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a larger amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Plavix 75 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Plavix 75 Mg (Clopidogrel)
- White Patches in the Mouth or on the Tongue
- Redness of Skin
- Difficulty in Breathing
- Blood in Urine and Stools
- Change in Taste
- Loss of Appetite
- Joint Pain
- Abdominal Pain
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Plavix 75 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Bleeding Disorders
- Gastrointestinal Disease
- Severe Injury
Warning And Precaution:
Plavix 75 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Any Injury/Bruise/cuts
- Gastrointestinal Diseases
- Bleeding Disorders
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Monitor your Platelet Counts Regularly
- Always contact your doctor if you are having unusual bleeding
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Plavix 75 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Plavix 75 mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.