Valzaar 40 Mg
USA Brand Name
Torrent Pharmaceuticals, India
Valzaar 40 Mg (Valsartan)
What Is The Generic Name For Valzaar 40 Mg?
Valsartan is the generic version for Valzaar 40 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Valzaar 40 mg (Valsartan)?
About Valzaar 40 Mg (Valsartan):
Valzaar 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Valsartan, a medicine which is used for the treatment of Hypertension and Heart Failure. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Torrent Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Valzaar 40 mg.
Valzaar 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Valsartan, 40 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Valzaar 40 Mg (Valsartan)?
Valzaar 40 mg is used in:
- Heart Failure
- Cardiovascular Risk Reduction
How Valzaar 40 Mg (Valsartan) Works?
Valzaar 40 mg has an active ingredient, Valsartan, an angiotensin receptor blocker which basically works by relaxing blood vessels which lower the blood pressure and also reduces the workload of the heart.
Before You Use Valzaar 40 Mg (Valsartan):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Valsartan
- You do not take alcohol
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Valzaar 40 Mg (Valsartan)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid Driving or Machine Operating Jobs
- You should avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as Banana and Broccoli as Valzaar 40 mg raises the Potassium levels in the body.
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Valzaar 40 Mg (Valsartan)?
You should avoid Valzaar 40 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Swelling of the Lips, Tongue, and Throat that may affect Breathing
- Have any Intestinal/Stomach Disease
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Valzaar 40 mg contains an active ingredient, Valsartan, used in the treatment of Hypertension and Heart Failure. Valzaar 40 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Valzaar 40 mg at a fixed time, with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. This medicine is effective in the elderly population who are at higher risk of developing Heart Diseases. It is not recommended for children use (below 6 years of age)
How Much Of The Valzaar 40 Mg (Valsartan) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Valzaar 40 mg. It is better to take the first dose of Valzaar 40 mg before bed to reduce symptomatic hypotension.
How To Take The Valzaar 40 Mg (Valsartan)?
Valzaar 40 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food.
As it enhances the levels of Potassium in the body hence do not take Potassium Rich food like Banana and Broccoli while taking this medicine.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Valzaar 40 Mg (Valsartan)?
You are always advised to take Valzaar 40 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Valzaar 40 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Valzaar 40 Mg (Valsartan)?
- Weakness in Arms, Hands, Legs Or Feet
- Stomach Pain
- Difficult or Painful Urination
- Fast Heartbeat
- Back Pain
- Chest Tightness
- Nasal Congestion
- Sore Throat
- Acid or Sour Stomach
- Heart Burn
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Valzaar 40 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It interacts with few diseased conditions like:
- Renal Impairment
Warning And Precaution:
Valzaar 40 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Pediatric Population (below 6 years)
- Pregnant women as it may cause birth defects or can be fatal to your unborn baby
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- You should follow a regular exercise and proper diet schedule
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
Do not stop Valzaar 40 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Valzaar 40 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.