Vomistop 10 Mg
USA Brand Name
Vomistop 10 Mg
About the brand
Vomistop is marketed globally by CIPLA.
About the drug
An active ingredient in Vomistop is Domperidone.
Manufacturer of Vomistop
Vomistop having Domperidone is manufactured by Cipla laboratories. It is mainly marketed and supplied by the company and its associates in India.
Vomistop have10 mg of Domperidone.
USA Brands Equivalent to Domperidone the salt in Vomistop
Use of Domperidone the salt in Vomistop
It is used in the treatment of vomiting, nausea, belching and heavy bloating, gas, heartburn.
How Vomistop works?
Vomistop works by blocking the dopamine receptors in our body and it does not readily enter our brain. It also increases the peristalsis (wave-like movements in our gastrointestinal tract that help in the movement of food) and gastric motility, therefore facilitating gastric emptying.
How to take Vomistop?
- Take this drug as directed by the doctor.
- Take 15 to 30 minutes before meals.
Domperidone the active salt in Vomistop is to be taken usually in dosage which ranges from 10 mg to 30 mg. The more specific dose will be directed by your doctor. Hence, do not take Vomistop without consulting with your doctor.
How long Vomistop should be continued?
Consult your doctor regarding the intake and stoppage of the drug. Do not take a decision on your own. Consult the doctor for each possible step.
Dose of Vomistop missed
- Take the missed dose as soon as you remember.
- Do not take a double dose at the same time.
Drug interaction with Domperidone the salt in Vomistop
Avoid use along with
- Ketoconazole, fluconazole, voriconazole
- Erythromycin, clarithromycin, moxifloxacin
- Conivaptan, ivabradine
- Amiodarone, dronedarone, quinidine, disopyramide, diltiazem, verapamil
- Haloperidol, pimozide, citalopram, escitalopram
- Ritonavir, protease inhibitors
When not to take Vomistop
- Do not take Vomistop if you have allergic reactions with the salt or excipients.
- If you have an abnormal heartbeat (particularly QT prolongation)
Adverse Effects / Side effects of Vomistop
Call your doctor if you are having these side effects
- Some patients may have allergic reactions. Inform your doctor if you have any signs of allergic reactions like rash, itching, red-swollen skin, fever, trouble breathing, swollen face, etc.
- Chest pain or pressure
- A fast heartbeat or a heartbeat that does not feel normal.
- Dizziness or passing out.
- Breast enlargement, discharge from nipple, breast lumps
- Change in sex ability
- Irregular periods
- Some other minor side effects include dry mouth, headache
Overdose Effects of Domperidone the salt in Vomistop
- Speaking difficulty
- Feeling dizzy
- Disorientation and fainting
- Abnormal heartbeat
- Loss of balance
- Check with your doctor immediately if you are having any of these effects.
General information and precautions
Tell your doctor;
- If you have an allergy to domperidone or excipients in the formulation.
- If you are allergic to drugs like domperidone or to any other drugs or foods.( Inform your doctor if you have any signs of allergic reaction like rash, itching, red-swollen skin, fever, trouble breathing, swollen face, etc.)
- If you have kidney disease, liver disease, heart disease, electrolyte abnormalities.
- If you have bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract, block in the bowel, gastric ulcer.
- If you are taking drugs that can cause abnormal heartbeat (prolonged QT interval).
- The chance of abnormal heart rhythm is higher when you take a dose greater than 30 mg per day or in patients older than 60 years.