Zentel 400 Mg
USA Brand Name
Zentel 400 Mg (Albendazole):
What Is The Generic Name For Zentel 400 Mg (Albendazole):
Albendazole is the generic version for Zentel 400 mg.
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Zentel 400 Mg (Albendazole):
The USA brand which is equivalent to Zentel 400 mg is Albenza.
About Zentel 400 Mg (Albendazole)
Zentel 400 mg contains Albendazole as its active medical ingredient and it is primarily used in the treatment of Parasitic worm Infection. Zentel 400 Mg is an easily accessible drug which can be available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Manufacturer of Zentel 400 Mg (Albendazole):
The company that manufactures Zentel 400 mg is GlaxoSmithKline (India) and it is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies.
Strength of Zentel 400 Mg (Albendazole):
Zentel 400 mg is available in varying strengths and each strength is manufactured according to the severity of the condition. The mild form of infection requires low strength drug, whereas the severe form of infection requires high strength drug.
What Are The Uses Of The Zentel 400 Mg (Albendazole):
Zentel 400 mg is used in the treatment of:
- Hydatid Disease
- Cutaneous Larva Migrans
How Zentel 400 Mg (Albendazole) Works:
Zentel 400 mg is a highly effective drug and one of the most recommended drugs for the treatment of parasitic worm infections. Zentel 400 mg is an antihelminthic drug which has Albendazole, as an active ingredient. It basically works by keeping the worm from absorbing glucose, so that the worm loses energy and dies.
Before You Use Zentel 400 Mg (Albendazole):
- Make sure that you are not allergic
- Make sure that you are not taking alcohol
- Make sure that you do not have liver or kidney problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history (pre-existing Diseases, Surgeries, or medicines)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Zentel 400 Mg (Albendazole):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Zentel 400 Mg (Albendazole):
You should not take Zentel 400 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy to it
- Have severe Liver/Kidney/Heart Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
- Are Driving or Doing a Work which needs your alertness
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have Asthma
- Have any Heart Problem
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
You should consult your doctor for dosage and duration of the tablet because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person. Zentel 400 mg contains an active ingredient, Albendazole, which is used is available in various strengths and should be given on prescription only. Understanding right dosage according to the severity of an infection is highly important as taking wrong dosage can affect the health of a person.
Adults are advised to take Zentel 400 mg at a fixed time as instructed by your Doctor. You should take it with fiber rich diet to avoid constipation. It is not recommended for infants and children.
How Much Of The Zentel 400 Mg (Albendazole) to Be Used:
Zentel 400 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Zentel 400 mg. Always follow the instructions given by the doctor to avoid any form of problem.
How To Take The Zentel 400 Mg (Albendazole):
Zentel 400 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It should be taken with fiber-rich meal.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Zentel 400 Mg (Albendazole):
You are always advised to take Zentel 400 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow all the instructions given by the doctor. Do not either stop abruptly or take for a longer time than directed.
Overdose of Zentel 400 Mg (Albendazole):
Contact your physician immediately if you are suspecting an Overdose. Overdose of Zentel 400 mg is strictly not allowed as it could lead to the occurrence of many side effects that can range from mild to severe. In case, you mistakenly take an overdose of this drug, consult the doctor.
You should try to take every dose of Zentel 400 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Zentel 400 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. But remember not to take a dose near the next dose as it can cause overdose, resulting in the occurrence of many side effects.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Zentel 400 Mg (Albendazole):
Many times, consumption of Zentel 400 mg is associated with the occurrence of some side effects that can vary from person to person in the form of both frequency and severity. Some of the side effects that commonly occur with the consumption of zentel 400 mg are as follows:
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Temporary Hair Loss
- Elevated Liver Enzymes
- Allergic Skin Reaction
- Bleeding and bruising
- Shortness of breath
- Unusual tiredness
What Are The Common Drug Interactions with Zentel 400 Mg (Albendazole):
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Zentel 400 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication or herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
Warning And Precaution for Zentel 400 Mg (Albendazole):
Zentel 400 mg is contraindicated in conditions like:
- Bone Marrow Suppression
- Retinal Damage
- Liver Disease
- Effects on Brain
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Kidney and Heart Diseases
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment
Things To Remember while taking Zentel 400 Mg (Albendazole):
- Keep it out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine.
- Consult your doctor if you have doubts regarding dose, time and strength of the Tablet.
- Share your medical history with the doctor,
- Ensure that you are not allergic to any ingredient present in this drug.
Indications for taking Zentel 400 Mg (Albendazole):
- It should not be used in hypersensitivity (Allergy) and Lung Diseases.
- It should be strictly avoided in pregnant/conceiving and breastfeeding Females
- Zentel 400 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course.
Storage for Zentel 400 Mg (Albendazole):
Store the Zentel 400 mg at room temperature in a dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and tablets are not damaged.