From the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, it’s more crucial than ever to integrate positive lifestyle habits that can make you stay healthy and boost your immune system, the body’s complex system that combats against infection and disease. Immunity booster foods are a great alternative to regain that stamina and immunity.
Covid – 19 or Coronavirus was proclaimed as a global threat pandemic by the World Health Organization. And while the countries are struggling with tough situations that this virus imposes on humanity, there are numerous preventive precautions that people can take to fight this pandemic around the world. We’ll list immunity booster foods below to help you strengthen your immunity.
While it is significant to mention hygiene standards like washing your hands frequently, especially if you have travelled by public transport. Use an alcohol sanitiser, in case you are travelling and disinfect your hands, wear a mask (cover your nose and mouth), and any human contact or touching and opening your mouth as much as possible. There are also certain measures to strengthen immunity in pandemic which is paramount at this juncture.
Individuals with certain pre-existing illnesses like diabetes, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, and respiratory complications are at a higher chance of having Covid 19 complications, it also elevates with age as the general immunity diminishes as you get older. In the younger generation with no intrinsic diseases, Covid 19 can direct in a minor infection, provided you have a robust immunity and do not immerse in activities like smoking or vaping to combat the onslaught of the virus. Having immunity booster foods in your meal will be an added advantage.
Growing concerns about COVID-19 have led to a rise in online solutions on how to efficiently protect oneself against the spreading virus. In addition to sufficient handwashing, what else can you do to boost your health and wellness? One major area that is precisely in your control is your immune system functioning. With so much data online, we’ve pulled out some top tips to boost your immune system and help your body fight against infection. Given below is a list of measures you can undertake to strengthen immunity in pandemic:
- Indulge in Meditation: Too much stress discharges the hormone called cortisol, which hampers your reaction to direct surroundings and makes your body vulnerable to illnesses; you are only anxious all the time. The proper way to release stress is by meditation regime, it is a tried and tested measure to calm your nerves. If you require help meditating, then there are several channels on youtube that have instructional resources to help you meditate.
- Avoid stress: These are testing times, and a prolonged period of staying indoors has inferences on your mental health. The developing anxiety around the pandemic is another factor that is affecting millions around the globe. While the uncertainty might be prodigious to digest, there are a few steps we can indulge in regularly to help relieve our stress, stress is known to have an adverse effect on immunity. This is where you need to strengthen immunity in pandemic.
- Add an exercise regime: A well-balanced diet should be succeeded by an exercise regime. Don’t forget to exercise regularly; even light exercise will go a long run in relieving the toxins out of your body. It is suggested to exercise for 30 to 45 minutes, based on your stamina. If you have not commenced exercising yet, then it is a good time to begin. There are several means, mediums, and apps to help you gain that motivation to exercise at home. Regular exercise enhances metabolism, which has a direct correlation with body immunity.
- Sleep adequately: A good sleep time for 7-8 hours a day is the best way to help your body build and strengthen immunity in pandemic; lesser sleep will leave you exhausted and weaken your brain activity. The lack of sleep will control the body from resting and this will damage other bodily functions that will have a direct effect on your immunity. Lack of sleep adversely affects the aftereffect of the flu vaccine.
- Eliminate addictive substances: Certain habits like smoking, vaping, alcohol consumption, and substance abuse have a direct correlation between weakened body defences and respiratory illnesses. Indulging in smoking and vaping is proven to hamper your lung capacity function and hampers the cells lining your respiratory tracts, these cells are significant to fight viruses that start from your nasal orifices.
Also Read: Your Chronic Pain Is Eating Your Immunity
To build immunity in pandemic is crucial for one’s health. Strengthen immunity while avoiding toxic substances. Replace it with immunity booster foods for better results.
There is a new study claiming that individuals who engage in heavy alcohol intake tend to undergo ARDS (Acute Respiratory distress syndrome) which is one of the illnesses caused by Covid 19 infection. Practice moderation, if you are conditional on any of these, as sudden withdrawal can also prove to be risky
While all the above-mentioned self-care measures will definitely help, the need of the hour is a quick boost to your immunity system to make it fight to stay fit. If you’re concerned about whether you are attaining the right amount of nutrients from your immunity booster foods, consult with your healthcare professional about a supplementation food intake to magnify your immune system functioning. Given below are a few common supplements and foods that can aid benefits.
Here are some immunity booster foods you cannot avoid. Intake of vitamin C, vitamin D, zinc turmeric, garlic, jaggery is recommended to strengthen immunity in a pandemic in an individual. Replace sugar with jaggery. Start drinking herbal tea, green tea, or black tea for a healthy lifestyle.