Diabetes mellitus is the most common metabolism disorder with multiple causes. Around 13% of the United States of America population is diagnosed with the disease. People who have diabetes have hyperglycemia (high blood sugar). The digestive system breaks the food items into carbohydrates and starch.
How is Diabetes mellitus caused?
Beta cells are present in the body and are responsible for producing insulin. The hormone insulin plays a vital role in the body. It signals the body to control the glucose level in the blood vessels and uses cells to take the glucose in the body to provide further energy.
To be specific, carbohydrates are converted to glucose with the help of insulin. The glucose utilized by insulin provides energy to the body. When the body cannot produce insulin or use it effectively, the complication of diabetes arises.
In type 1 diabetes mellitus, the pancreas can’t make insulin effectively which prohibits glucose to reach the cells and it stays within the body. As a result, cells are not able to receive energy.
In type 2 diabetes mellitus, the body still produces insulin, and then after an extent, it stops building them. Though both types of diabetes can occur anytime from childhood, type 2 diabetes is seen later in life.
Rising blood sugar levels lead to severe complications like cardiovascular diseases, heart problems, kidney issues, or strokes. Moreover, it could be fatal to health.
Also Read: 5 Exercises To Regulate Diabetes
List of supplements to lower blood sugar naturally
Many spices and herbs for diabetes have done wonders in keeping the blood sugar level down. Following are some of the herbs that lower blood sugar fast and enable curing diabetes mellitus :
Note: Healthy lifestyle filled with physical activity is crucial for diabetic patients.
Aloe Vera has shown remarkable results in keeping the blood sugar level down. It contains anti-glycemic properties that help regulate the sugar level in diabetes patients.
Aloe Vera is responsible for suppressing adipogenic genes, which are usually involved in insulin sensitivity. In addition, it minimizes the poisonous effects of lipids found in the liver, resulting in decreased insulin levels.
How to use Aloe Vera?
- Make Aloe Vera juice and drink it regularly. It is highly effective in reducing the sugar level.
- It would be best to start with a small dosage of aloe vera and then slowly increase to more. First, start with one teaspoon of aloe vera gel and gradually increase it to 3 spoons a day.
If, after increasing the dose, the sugar level starts dropping, minimize it. The anti-hyperglycemic properties help control the toxic effects of lipids.
Studies have found that the bark of cinnamon has improved the level of cholesterol and blood sugar in the body in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients. It has also minimized the higher risk of other cardiovascular diseases or diabetes problems.
The components present in cinnamon help combat diabetes mellitus. Researchers have also found that cinnamon helps cut cholesterol by about 18%, whereas the blood sugar rate decreased to 24%.
How to take cinnamon?
- You can grind cinnamon and make the powder of it. Regularly swallowing cinnamon powder can bring your sugar level down by encouraging the activity of insulin in the body.
- You can also mix the powder with water or milk and gulp it down. It also prevents high blood sugar levels.
- Mixing one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder and honey and taking it with water could benefit your cardiovascular diseases and diabetes.
Fenugreek seeds are the primary source of fibres and nutrients, fighting cholesterol and high blood sugar problems. In addition, the hypoglycemic properties of fenugreek seeds increase the level of insulin released from the body and significantly minimize the body’s blood glucose levels. There are various fenugreek benefits. Therefore, diabetes patients should include them in their diet.
How to use Fenugreek Seeds?
- Soak the fenugreek seeds in a bowl of water overnight and then consume it on an empty stomach the following day.
- You can also make the powder and swallow it like medicine with water.
Mango leaves contain anthocyanins which help in treating prediabetes. The leaves of mango are dried and ground. Its powder cures the signs of early diabetes. It also helps to cure diabetic retinopathy. They also tend to improve the lipids present in the blood resulting in regulated blood sugar levels. They are also helpful in lowering blood pressure.
How do you have mango leaves?
- You can soak the mango leaves overnight in water, then drink 6the water the next day after straining the leaves. It helps in the prevention of diabetes mellitus.
- Apart from soaking, you can also boil the mango leaves with water. Drink the water after it gets cold. All the nutrients present in the leaves will miraculously work in treating diabetes mellitus.
- Another way to have mango leaves is to grind them and make powder. Regular intake of 1-2 spoonfuls of mango leaves powder brings blood sugar down.
It is the panacea for all kinds of diseases. It acts as an agent that mobilizes blood flow, managing the sugar levels more efficiently. According to a report, in diabetes patients, the increase in sugar level extracts more water from the body, making them thirsty.
So, it is advisable to drink lots of water to manage the blood flow to your body and regulate your sugar levels. Drinking plenty of water every day will balance the fluidity in the body, making you less prone to the symptoms of diabetes.
Treat yourself with supplements to lower blood sugar naturally. Diabetes Mellitus is a chronic disease that can hamper your everyday life. These herbs for diabetes may not cure the disease but will enable you to live a regular life.
In case you believe in medicines, you can refer to some biologic medications like Insulin Lispro (Eglucent Kwikpen), Insulin Isophane/NPH (Huminsulin 30/70 100IU/ml Cartridge), or Metformin (Bigomet).