Trajenta 5 Mg
USA Brand Name
Boehringer Ingelheim, Brazil
Trajenta 5 Mg (Linagliptin)
What Is The Generic Name For Trajenta 5 Mg?
Linagliptin is the generic version for Trajenta 5 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Trajenta 5 Mg (Linagliptin)?
About Trajenta 5 Mg (Linagliptin)
Trajenta 5 mg contains an active ingredient, Linagliptin, which is used in the treatment of Type II Diabetes and available at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores but can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Boehringer Ingelheim (Brazil) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Trajenta 5 mg.
Trajenta 5 mg contains an active ingredient, Linagliptin, 5 mg. It is also available in the various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Trajenta 5 Mg (Linagliptin):
Trajenta 5 mg is used in the treatment of:
Type II Diabetes
How Trajenta 5 Mg (Linagliptin) Works?
Trajenta 5 mg is an antibiotic which has Linagliptin 5 mg, as an active ingredient. It basically increases the amount of insulin produced by the pancreas after the meal when blood sugar is high. It works effectively if a planned diet and exercise are being done.
Before You Use Trajenta 5 Mg (Linagliptin):
- Make sure that you are not Allergic to Linagliptin
- Make sure that you are not taking Alcohol
- Make sure that you do not have Liver or kidney problems
- Make sure that your doctor knows about your medical history (all your Pre-existing Diseases, Surgeries or Medicines)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Trajenta 5 Mg (Linagliptin)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should avoid taking other Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Trajenta 5 Mg (Linagliptin)?
You should not take Trajenta 5 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any allergy to it
- Have severe Liver/Kidney/Heart Disease
- Are Pregnant/Conceiving/Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy To The Tablet
- Have Asthma
- Have severe joint pain
- Have or ever had Gall stones
- Have pancreatitis symptoms like Stomach Pain, Nausea/Vomiting, etc.
- Have any Heart Problem
- Have any Kidney or Liver Disease
- Are taking Alcohol or Other Drugs
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
Trajenta 5 mg contains an active ingredient, Linagliptin, which is used in the treatment of Type II Diabetes. It is available in various strengths and should be given on prescription only. You should consult your doctor for dosage and duration because age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Trajenta 5 mg at a fixed time as instructed by your Doctor. You may take it with or without the meal but at a fixed time. It should be not given to anyone younger than 18 yrs.
How Much Of The Trajenta 5 Mg (Linagliptin) to Be Used?
Trajenta 5 mg is available in various strengths at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores. Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Trajenta 5 mg.
How To Take The Trajenta 5 Mg (Linagliptin)?
Trajenta 5 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You should swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it with or without food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Trajenta 5 Mg (Linagliptin)?
You are always advised to take Trajenta 5 mg as prescribed by your doctor. Do not start/stop using this medicine yourself. Follow the instructions given by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a smaller or larger amount or for a longer time than recommended. Also, do not stop abruptly as it may show few unwanted side effects after withdrawal.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
You should try to take every dose of Trajenta 5 mg at a fixed time. A missed dose of Trajenta 5 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. You should skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose next time.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Trajenta 5 Mg (Linagliptin)?
- Blurred vision
- Fast heartbeat
- Increased hunger
- Slurred speech
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Trajenta 5 mg. It can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on other medication, Herbal Supplements, Beverages, etc. It interacts with many medicines and few are the following:
This medicine also interacts with disease conditions like:
- Renal Dysfunction
Warning And Precaution:
Trajenta 5 mg should be used cautiously in conditions like:
- Insulin Secretagogues
- Bullous Pemphigoid
- Bleeding Disorders
- Pregnant and Breastfeeding women
- Kidney and Liver Disease
- It is not recommended in Type I Diabetes and Diabetes Ketoacidosis patients
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment
Things To Remember:
- You should monitor Blood Glucose Levels regularly
- Diet Planning and regular Exercise helps the medicine work better
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always read the information written on the leaflet of medicine
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding the dose, time and strength of the Tablet
- Do not go for vigorous Exercise, it may lower your Sugar level and you may experience Severe Hypoglycemia
- Trajenta 5 mg should be taken as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this tablet before completion of the course
Store the Trajenta 5 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.