Bimat 0.03% w/v
- Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution
- Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution
- Manufactured by: Ajanta Pharma, India
- 1 Bottle : $8.47
|US Brand Name||Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution|
|Generic Name||Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution|
|Manufacture||Ajanta Pharma, India|
About the brand Bimat
Bimat is brand of Ajanta pharmaceuticals and manufactured by same in India
About the drug Bimat
BIMAT (0.03 %) is drug of choice for Glaucoma (Open Angle Glaucoma especially) and prolonging the growth of eyelashes. BIMAT Eye drops contain Bimatoprost, which is mainly a prostaglandin analogue. It is used mainly for two conditions which are, Open-angle glaucoma and to treat hypotrichosis.
US brands equivalent to Bimat
Lumigan is brand available in US having same salt bimatoprost.
Uses of Drug Bimat
1. Open-angle glaucoma: Glaucoma is a group of diseases associated with an eye of a person. The most common type of Glaucoma is Open angle glaucoma which is painless condition results into loss of vision and permanent blindness. In open angle glaucoma usually intraocular pressure increases which results into vision loss. BIMAT helps in reducing the intra-occular pressure thus treating open angle glaucoma.
2. Hypotrichosis: Hypotrichosis is condition which causes impaired hair growth or loss of hair in the region of the body. During use by patients, it was found that BIMAT eye drops help in restoration of the hair in eye region which is mainly eye lashes.
Working of the drug Bimat
Bimatoprost the main ingredient in BIMAT Eye drops mainly helps in opening up the blocked channels in eye region drainage mechanism. When the drainage channels of eye get opened, the intraocular pressure gets reduced due to outflow of extra fluid in the inner region of the eye. It is mainly known as aqueous humour.
Manufacturer of Bimat
The drug in 0.03 % concentration in solution form of 3 ml is mainly manufactured by Ajanta pharma. You can buy this product at www.cheapmedicineshop.com.
Strength and dosage form of Bimat
BIMAT is available in container in range of 3 ml.
.03 mg/ ml is strength of the BIMAT solution.
Take one drop in a day. Do not over dose yourself. Ask your doctor, for the correct dosage you should take.
Do not take this drug if you,
• Are wearing Contact lenses. Remove contact lenses prior using the BIMAT solution eye drops. Use contact lenses after 2 hours duration of application of solution in your eye.
• Are allergic to bimatoprost.
• Have eye discomfort.
• Pregnant or planning to get pregnant
How to take the drug?
The drops shall be applied with caution in an eye once at a time. Make a pocket in eye using your Index finger by pulling the lower eye lid. Put one drop of eye in the pocket and close the eye and open it to spread the drug in complete eye region. Use only one drop in a day and do as directed by the doctor.
For the purpose of hypotrichosis, apply the drop with applicator with caution over the base of the eye lashes, mainly applied over the upper eyelashes region.
What to do if you missed the dose?
If you have missed the dose, do not panic. Go for next dose, skip the missed dose time. Never over dose yourself.
Following are the adverse effects using the BIMAT eye drops.
• Drying of Eye
• Watering Eyes
• Itchy eyes
• Eye discomfort
• Burning sensation in eye
• Vision changes
• Blurred vision
How long it should be continued?
Bimatoprost Ophthalmic solution 0.03 % shall be taken once in a day. It should be repeated more than once a day. Your doctor will inform you complete information on how to take the drug, when to take the drug, and up to what time. Consult your doctor for more information.
Overdose side effects
Currently, no information on over dosage exists for the drug. The drug is still in Clinical trials, still, adverse reactions to the drug is being studied.
Missed Dose issues
When dose is missed, take it as soon as you recall to take it. However, skip the dose, if its almost time to take next dose. Never overdose yourself. For further information contact your doctor, as soon as possible.
Any possible drug Interactions
There are not many studies available to report drug interactions with BIMAT (Bimatoprost Ophthalmic Solution 0.03 %). However, till date two drug interactions have been reported with the drug, these are,
Latanoprost ophthalmic and Topical bimatoprost solution
General information and Precautions / Warnings
BIMAT Eye drops are not made for all patients. The prescription depends upon patients to patient and person to person.
Remove contact lenses before application of eye drops in the eye.
Consult a doctor if any adverse effects result in.
Pigmentation: The drug has been reported to cause pigmentation changes in the body of the user. Frequently seen pigmentations have been reported in iris, periorbital tissue, and eyelashes.
Eyelashes Changes: The drug may gradually change eyelashes and vellus hair in treated eyes.