Bladder & Prostate
Bladder & Prostate
The prostate is a gland that produces the fluid that carries sperm during ejaculation. The prostate gland surrounds the urethra, the tube through which urine passes out of the body.The increase in the number of cells Read more...
Items 1-20 of 65
- Terol LA 4 Mg Capsule ERTolterodine1 Capsule/s : $1.42As low as $44.00
- Terol LA 2 Mg Capsule ERTolterodine1 Capsule/s : $0.81As low as $24.90
- Terol LA 4 MgTolterodine Tartrate1 Capsule/s : $0.6As low as $18.43
- Vesigard 15 MgDarifenacin XR1 Tablet/s : $0.84As low as $25.94
- Vesigard 7.5 MgDarifenacin XR1 Tablet/s : $0.54As low as $17.39
- Soliten 5 Mg TabletSolifenacin1 Tablet/s : $1.81As low as $206.72
- Bispec 5 TabletSolifenacin1 Tablet/s : $1.82As low as $206.23
- Solicept 5 TabletSolifenacin1 Tablet/s : $1.84As low as $211.64
- Soliten 10 Mg TabletSolifenacin1 Tablet/s : $2.39As low as $272.81
- Soliact 5 TabletSolifenacin1 Tablet/s : $1.83As low as $208.13
- Floslo 5 TabletSolifenacin1 Tablet/s : $1.46As low as $167.34
- Bispec 10 Mg TabletSolifenacin1 Tablet/s : $2.64As low as $299.53
- Solicept 10 TabletSolifenacin1 Tablet/s : $2.35As low as $267.96
- Soliact 10 TabletSolifenacin1 Tablet/s : $2.57As low as $293.20
- Vesiact 5 Mg TabletSolifenacin1 Tablet/s : $1.56As low as $179.30
- Antab TabletSolifenacin1 Tablet/s : $1.34As low as $153.98
- Floslo 10 Mg TabletSolifenacin1 Tablet/s : $2.22As low as $253.13
- Solikem 10 TabletSolifenacin1 Tablet/s : $2.45As low as $278.44
- Solikem 5 TabletSolifenacin1 Tablet/s : $1.22As low as $140.63
- Solinec 5 Mg TabletSolifenacin1 Tablet/s : $1.52As low as $175.08
Bladder & Prostate
The prostate is a gland that produces the fluid that carries sperm during ejaculation. The prostate gland surrounds the urethra, the tube through which urine passes out of the body.The increase in the number of cells (hyperplasia) result in the growth of prostate organ.. The exact medical reason for this increase is still unknown.A variety of factors may be involved in this process, such as androgens (male hormones), estrogens, and growth factors and other cell signaling pathways (cell-to-cell communication).
Signs of Enlarged Prostate
Symptoms of enlarged prostate can include:
- A weak or slow urinary stream
- A feeling of incomplete bladder emptying
- Difficulty starting urination
- Frequent urination
- Urgency to urinate
- Getting up frequently at night to urinate
- A urinary stream that starts and stops
- Straining to urinate
- Continued dribbling of urine
- Returning to urinate again minutes after finishing
Diagnosis of Enlarged Prostate
- Digital rectal examination (DRE): A doctor inserts a lubricated, gloved finger into the rectum and feels the prostate. A DRE can sometimes detect an enlarged prostate, lumps or nodules of prostate cancer, or tenderness from prostatitis.
- Prostate-specific antigen (PSA): The prostate makes a protein called PSA, which can be measured by a blood test. If PSA is high, prostate cancer is more likely, but an enlarged prostate can also cause a high PSA.
- Prostate ultrasound (transrectal ultrasound): An ultrasound probe is inserted into the rectum, bringing it close to the prostate. Ultrasound is often done with a biopsy to test for prostate cancer.
- Prostate biopsy: A needle is inserted into the prostate to take tissue out to check for prostate cancer. This is usually done through the rectum.
Prevention of Z
It is formally known that there are no ways to prevent Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. However, you can get yourself treated at time if you are aware of its symptoms and see a doctor at the early stage. Other than this, following things can help you as well-
- Urinate as soon as you feel the urge
- Go to the bathroom to urinate, even when you don’t feel the urge
- Avoid over-the-counter decongestants or antihistamine medications, which can make it harder for the bladder to empty
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine, especially in the hours after dinner
- Reduce your stress level, as nervousness can increase the frequency of urination
- Exercise regularly, as a lack of exercise can aggravate your symptoms
- Try Kegel exercises to strengthen your pelvic muscles
Enlarged Prostate Treatment
- Alpha-blockers: Alpha-blockers relax the muscles around the urethra in men with symptoms from an enlarged prostate. Urine then flows more freely.
- 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors: These medications reduce the level of a certain form of testosterone (DHT). The prostate shrinks when less DHT is present, improving urine flow.
- Surgery for an enlarged prostate: Usually, medications resolve symptoms of an enlarged prostate, but some men require surgery to improve symptoms and prevent complications.
Prostate Cancer Treatment
Prostatectomy: Surgery for prostate cancer, called a prostatectomy, removes the prostate with the goal of removing all the cancer.
Radiation therapy: Radiation kills prostate cancer cells while minimizing damage to healthy cells.
- Radioactive seed implants: Instead of radiation pointed at the prostate from outside the body, radioactive seeds can be implanted into the prostate to kill cancer cells.
- Cryotherapy: Cryotherapy involves killing prostate cancer cells by freezing them.
- Hormone therapy: Prostate cancer cells grow in response to hormones. Hormone therapy helps block that effect.
- Chemotherapy: When prostate cancer is advanced, chemotherapy may help reduce the cancer’s spread.
- Watchful waiting: Since prostate cancer is often slow growing, some older men and their doctors hold off on treatment and wait to see if the cancer appears to be growing.
- Clinical trials: Through prostate cancer clinical trials, researchers test the effects of new medications on a group of volunteers with prostate cancer.
Expected Side effects
Common Alpha Blockers side effects may include:
- Dizziness, drowsiness, weakness;
- Nausea, diarrhea;
- Headache, chest pain;
- Abnormal ejaculation, decreased amount of semen;
- Back pain;
- Blurred vision;
- Tooth problems;
- Fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms;
- Runny or stuffy nose, sinus pain, sore throat, cough;
- Sleep problems (insomnia); or
- Loss of interest interest in sex.
Important Things to Know
- Consume lots of pumpkin and watermelon seeds
- Cornsilk is known to have proven beneficial against bph
- Include fish in diet like tuna and salmon containing beneficial omega three fatty acids
- Drink eight glasses of water per day