Alfusin 10 Mg
USA Brand Name
Alfusin 10 Mg (Alfuzosin)
What Is The Generic Name For Alfusin 10 Mg?
Alfuzosin is the generic version for Alfusin 10 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Alfusin 10 mg (Alfuzosin)?
About Alfusin 10 Mg (Alfuzosin):
Alfusin 10 mg contains Alfuzosin, which is used in men to relieve the symptoms of an enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia) such as painful urination, difficulty in passing urine, and urinary urgency. You can buy it from all the leading pharmacy, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Alfusin 10 mg.
Alfusin 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Alfuzosin, 10 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacies, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Alfusin 10 Mg (Alfuzosin)?
Alfusin 10 mg is used in the treatment of:
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
How Alfusin 10 Mg (Alfuzosin) Works?
Alfusin 10 mg has an active ingredient; Alfuzosin is an alpha-blocker that basically relaxes the muscle around the bladder exit and prostate gland so urine is passed more easily.
Before You Use Alfusin 10 Mg (Alfuzosin):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Alfuzosin
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Alfusin 10 Mg (Alfuzosin)?
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Alfusin 10 Mg (Alfuzosin)?
You should avoid Alfusin 10 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Severe Liver/Kidney Impairment
- Have any eye problem or have gone through any surgery
- Are Pregnant/Breastfeeding
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have Allergy to it
- Have Eye Problems
- Have Erectile Dysfunctioning
- Have any Kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant or Trying to Conceive
- Are Breastfeeding
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Alfusin 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Alfuzosin, which is used in the treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. Alfusin 10 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor for the duration of dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Alfusin 10 mg at a fixed time, with or without food preferably after food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. It is safe to use as it has minimal side effects.
How Much Of The Alfusin 10 Mg (Alfuzosin) to Be Used?
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Alfusin 10 mg. Do not exceed the dose by your own as it may result in adverse effects.
How To Take The Alfusin 10 Mg (Alfuzosin)?
Alfusin 10 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time as directed by your doctor. You must swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush it. It is better to take it just after food.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Alfusin 10 Mg (Alfuzosin)?
You are always advised to take Alfusin 10 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a larger amount or for a longer time than recommended. It will take a few hours to 2 weeks to show its effectiveness depending on the patient's response to medicine.
Contact your doctor immediately if you suspect an Overdose.
A missed dose of Alfusin 10 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Alfusin 10 Mg (Alfuzosin)?
- Difficulty with Swallowing
- Chest Pain
- Runny Nose
What Are The Common Drug Interactions?
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Alfusin 10 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Mixed grass pollens allergen extract
- It can also interact with the Liver Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Alfusin 10 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Impaired Liver/Renal Function
- Postural Hypotension
- Priapism (Painful Erection)
- Pregnant/Breastfeeding Women
- It should not be given to women and children
- Always consult your doctor to get the best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the Tablet
- Alfusin 10 mg either does not decrease the size of the Prostate or prevents its growth. In fact, you may eventually need surgery to relieve yourself of the symptoms.
- Do not stop Alfusin 10 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Alfusin 10 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.