Erectile Dysfunction (ED) is a prevalent sexual disorder affecting men’s ability to achieve erections.
There are medications like Viagra available to treat this issue. But, medicines are not the only approach to treating ED.
It is also essential to maintain a healthy lifestyle for long-term prevention of ED. You may choose to try Yoga, therapy, or exercise.
Yoga has several health benefits. But can it also treat male impotence? This article highlights the benefits of Yoga for Erectile Dysfunction and the best Yoga positions for ED.
Table of Contents
Benefits of Yoga for Erectile Dysfunction
There is little research on the benefits of Yoga for Erectile Dysfunction. But some small studies suggest that Yoga enhances sexual function.
One study followed a group of healthy men aged 28 to 60 who completed regular Yoga sessions for 12 weeks.
After 12 weeks, the participants reported improved sexual function, desire, erections, and ejaculation.
Experts find it hard to determine how Yoga helps treat Erectile Dysfunction. It may be due to physical benefits like increased blood flow and cardio-respiratory fitness.
A healthy cardiovascular system is essential for erections. Also, Yoga has psychological benefits, including stress reduction and mindfulness.
These benefits may aid in treating psychological ED. Other potential Yoga advantages for ED include:
- Increased blood flow
- Improved focus
- Enhanced body image and self-assurance
Yoga poses for Erectile Dysfunction
There are many ways to practice Yoga to treat Erectile Dysfunction. Certain yoga poses may help increase blood flow to the genitals and enhance penile function.
These include standing and seated yoga poses like the bridge pose, the boat pose, and the forward bend.
Below is a list of the best Yoga poses for Erectile Dysfunction in detail.
Setu Bandhasana (bridge pose)
It strengthens the pelvic floor, reduces sex pain, and activates the body and mind. This stance opens the chest and upper back, improving circulation and respiration.
How to do this pose:
- Lie on your back with your arms at your sides
- Bend your knees and place your feet hip-width apart, palms up.
- Tighten your abs and core to elevate your hips
This stance squeezes your glutes, improving ejaculation and genital blood flow. This Yoga pose helps improve sexual function in both men and women.
Paschimottanasana (seated forward bend pose)
This Yoga stance strengthens perineal muscles to boost endurance and fight Erectile Dysfunction.
This Yoga position also helps delay ejaculation by contracting the same muscle before the climax.
- Sit on your mat with your legs out in front to do this Yoga
- Rock your body left and pull the right side bone away
- On the other side, repeat
- Inhale and stretch your upper body
- Stretch your tailbone as you lean forward and try to grab your feet
- Relax in this stance for one to three minutes
Uttanasana (standing forward bend)
This stance promotes hip flexibility. It may prevent Premature Ejaculation and seminal fluid retention.
- Stand straight and bend your torso forward without bending your knees
- Allow your arms to dangle toward the ground
- Let go of your head and let gravity carry you as far as possible
Regular exercise will strengthen your flexibility.
Janu Sirsasana (seated head-to-knee pose)
This Yoga pose may aid in increasing sexual arousal. The steps to do this pose are:
- From a seated position, bend the left leg inward so the left heel presses against the right inner thigh
- Try to touch your nose to your right knee while twisting the torso over the right leg
- You can wrap your hands over your foot or use a strap if your flexibility is insufficient
- Hold for five inhalations. Continue on the reverse side
You can try some easy exercises to treat ED. Read this article, Learn What are Erectile Dysfunction Exercises And How to do Them to know these exercises.
This pose strengthens the pelvic floor, which may improve urine control and erectile function.
Naukasana (boat pose)
This Yoga pose raises testosterone levels and strengthens the pelvic and thigh muscles. This enables a man to achieve an erection during sexual engagement.
How to do the boat pose:
- Position your arms while lying on your back
- Take slow, deep breaths and, as you exhale, begin to lift your chest off the ground
- In the meantime, stretch your arms toward your feet
- Moreover, verify that your eyes and body are properly aligned
- Maintain the boat position for a few seconds, and then gradually return to a comfortable posture
Watch: Natural Ways to Treat Erectile Dysfunction with Yoga
Frequently Asked Questions
Who shouldn’t try Yoga for Erectile Dysfunction?
If you have a heart condition, you shouldn’t practice intensive Yoga for ED.
Yoga positions can also cause a rise in heart rate and blood pressure. Thus, speaking with your doctor before beginning any Yoga practice is crucial.
Does Yoga help you overcome ED?
Yoga cannot cure ED. The practice can help increase blood flow, enhance flexibility, and reduce stress.
These advantages may also contribute to improved penile function over time. Yoga is also beneficial for several specific health concerns and your all-round wellness.
Which Mudra is good for Erectile Dysfunction?
Vajroli mudra utilizes the same muscles as Kegel exercises. The purpose of this Yoga is to help men gain control over the Pubococcygeus muscle.
It results in stronger erections and more control over when they ejaculate.
Does Yoga increase testosterone?
Consistent Yoga can help increase testosterone levels, strengthen erections, and improve sex performance.
Does Yoga increase testosterone?
Meditation can help reduce heart rate and regulate blood flow throughout the body. Thus, it helps people with ED as good blood flow is necessary for erections.
Cheap Medicine Shop only refers to credible, authoritative sources for our content. If you’re curious about how we ensure the integrity of our content, we encourage you to read our Content Information Policy.