9 PM Eye Drop 2.5 ml (0.005%)
USA Brand Name
Xalatan Eye Drop
9 PM Eye Drops 0.005% w/v 2.5 Ml (Latanoprost)
What Is The Generic Name For Latanoprost:
Latanoprost is the generic version for 9 PM Eye Drops
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To 9 PM Eye Drops 2.5 Ml (Latanoprost):
About 9 PM Eye Drops (Latanoprost):
9 PM Eye Drops 2.5 ml contains an active ingredient, Latanoprost, which is used in the treatment of Glaucoma. You may buy it from any of the leading online pharmacy Stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores but can be given on doctor’s prescription only.
- Eye Drops
Cipla (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture 9 PM Eye Drops.
9 PM Eye Drops contains an active ingredient, Latanoprost 0.005% w/v, in a 2.5 ml vial which may be available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The 9 PM Eye Drops 2.5 Ml (Latanoprost):
- Latanoprost is used in the treatment of:
How 9 PM Eye Drops 2.5 Ml (Latanoprost) Works:
9 PM Eye Drops 2.5 ml is consisting of Latanoprost which basically decreases the pressure in the eyeball by increasing the drainage of aqueous humor (clear watery fluid filling the space in front of an eyeball)
Before You Use 9 PM Eye Drops 2.5 Ml (Latanoprost):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Latanoprost
- You are not using contact lenses
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking 9 PM Eye Drops 2.5 Ml (Latanoprost):
- Avoid using Contact Lenses 15 min prior or after its use
- Avoid Driving or any other important activity as it may cause blurred vision for sometime
- Avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
- Avoid the use of another eye drop within 10-15 min of its use
When Not To Use 9 PM Eye Drops 2.5 Ml (Latanoprost):
You should avoid Latanoprost if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have redness, swelling or inflammation in eyes
- Have gone through any Eye Surgery
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are Allergic to Latanoprost
- Have Herpes Infection
- Are taking other medicines for an eye only
- Have redness, swelling, itching or other severe inflammation in the eye.
- Have gone through any Eye Surgery
- Are having an infection which is getting worse even after using the Eye Drops
9 PM Eye Drops 2.5 ml contains an active ingredient, Latanoprost, which is used in the treatment of Glaucoma. You should always consult your doctor for the frequency and dose as the age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Patients are advised to take 9 PM Eye Drops 2.5 ml at a fixed time, preferably in the evening time or as prescribed by your doctor. It is not recommended for children.
How Much Of The 9 PM Eye Drops 2.5 Ml (Latanoprost) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Latanoprost. It is better to take one drop each eye at once in a day.
How To Take The 9 PM Eye Drops 2.5 Ml (Latanoprost):
9 PM Eye Drops 2.5 ml should be taken at a fixed time once a day at night time. You can administer the drops by holding the dropper close to the eye without touching it and gently squeeze the dropper placing the medicine inside the lower eyelid. Wipe off the extra Liquid with a Clean/Tissue.
Always apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute, immediately after instilling the drop so that the medicine does not drain away from the eye.
For How Long Should You Continue Using 9 PM Eye Drops 2.5 Ml (Latanoprost):
You are always advised to use the eye drops as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Rinse your eyes thoroughly in case of any irritation or severe symptom of inflammation and contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting an Overdose.
A missed dose of the Eye Drops should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose you missed if it is the time for the next dose. Do not take multiple doses next time to make up the missed dose.
What Are The Side Effects Of The 9 PM Eye Drops 2.5 Ml (Latanoprost):
- Stinging in Eyes
- Blurred Vision
- Eye pain
- Foreign body sensation in eyes
- Increased production of tears
- Eye redness
- Conjunctival hyperemia
- Eyelash changes (thickness, number, and length) which may disappear after discontinuing the drops
- Increased iris pigmentation which may be permanent
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines may interact with 9 PM Eye Drops which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are using other Drugs or Herbal Supplements so that a well-planned medication can be followed. Tell your doctor about the eye drops you are using other than 9 PM Eye Drops.
Warning And Precaution:
9 PM Eye Drops 2.5 ml should be used very cautiously in:
- Blurred Vision
- Eye Surgeries
- Retinal Detachment
- Eye disorders or inflammation
- Consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Do not touch tip of the Eye Drop while using it and use it within a month once opened
- Do not take part in activities that require proper and clear vision until you are sure you can perform such activities safely as your vision may be temporarily blurred or unstable after administering the eye drops
- Keep five-ten minutes interval between two eye drops if you are using multiple eye drops at the same time
- Clean your hands and eyes before using the Eye Drops. Try to keep container contamination free.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Always consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the medication.
Use Latanoprost as long as your doctor has suggested using it. Do not touch its tip to the eyelid or to your hand to avoid contamination.
Store it at room temperature in clean and dry place. Do not freeze it.