Abamune 300 Mg
USA Brand Name
Abamune 300 Mg (Abacavir Sulphate)
What Is The Generic Name For Abamune:
Abacavir Sulphate is the generic version for Abamune
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Abamune 300 mg (Abacavir Sulphate):
About Abamune 300 Mg (Abacavir Sulphate):
Abamune 300 Mg contains an Active Ingredient Abacavir Sulphate 300 Mg, which is used in prevention of HIV Infection. You may buy it from any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Cipla (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Abamune 300 mg.
Abamune 300 mg contains Abacavir Sulphate 300 mg per tablet which is also available in the various strength and substitutes at all the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Abamune 300 Mg (Abacavir Sulphate):
Abamune 300 mg is used in:
- HIV Infection
How Abamune 300 Mg (Abacavir Sulphate) Works:
Abamune (Abacavir Sulphate) is an antiviral medication that basically prevents the multiplication of the virus in human cells stopping the virus from producing new viruses.
Before You Use Abamune 300 Mg (Abacavir Sulphate):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Abacavir Sulphate
- You do not smoke or drink heavily
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Abamune 300 Mg (Abacavir Sulphate):
- You should avoid taking alcohol
- Avoid Driving or machinery work until you feel safe to do
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Abamune 300 Mg (Abacavir Sulphate):
You should avoid Abamune 300 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Have Kidney or Liver Disease
- Have Heart problems or hypertension
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have hypersensitivity or Allergy
- Have kidney/Liver Disease
- Have Heart Disease
- Have Hypertension
- Smoke or Drink in large quantities
- Are Pregnant/breastfeeding women
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Abamune 300 mg contains Abacavir Sulphate 300 mg which is used in the treatment of HIV Infection. Abamune 300 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. You should always consult your doctor before use and always ask for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Abamune 300 mg at a fixed time with or without food. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed.
How Much Of The Abamune 300 Mg (Abacavir Sulphate) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Abamune 300 mg.
How To Take The Abamune 300 Mg (Abacavir Sulphate):
Abamune 300 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time with or without food or as directed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Abamune 300 Mg (Abacavir Sulphate)
You are always advised to take Abamune 300 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Do not stop in between even for a short period as it may cause serious side effects.
Contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting the overdose Symptoms.
A missed dose of Abamune 300 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Abamune 300 Mg (Abacavir Sulphate)
- Abdominal pain
- Skin Rash
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Unusual tiredness
- Abnormal Dreams
- Trouble sleeping
- Buffalo hump
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Abamune 300 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You must always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
It interacts with diseased conditions like:
- Cardiovascular Disease
Warning And Precaution:
Abamune 300 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Allergy to Abacavir Sulphate
- HLA-B 5701-positive patients
- Severe Hepatic impairment
- Fat Redistribution
- Lactic Acidosis
- It is not recommended in Breastfeeding/Pregnant women and Pediatric Population.
- Consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions.
Things To Remember:
- Monitoring the liver function and blood glucose levels is Important while receiving this medicine
- It doesn’t prevent spreading of HIV through Blood or sexual contact so take precautions to prevent transmission
- Do not take Abacavir tablets with other products containing Abacavir
- Keep out of reach of children
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding time, dose, and strength of the medicine
Do not stop Abamune 300 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Abamune 300 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the tablets should be intact and not damaged.