Acivir 800 Mg
USA Brand Name
Aciclovir Dispersible Tablets
Acivir 800 Mg (Acyclovir)
What Is The Generic Name Of Acivir:
Acyclovir is the generic version of Acivir
USA Brands Equivalent To Acivir 800 Mg (Acyclovir):
About Acivir 800 Mg (Acyclovir):
Acivir 800 Mg is antiviral Dispersible tablets having Acyclovir as an active ingredient which is used in the treatment of Herpes Labialis, Genital Herpes Infection, Chicken Pox, and Eye Infections by Herpes Simplex Virus. You can find it at all the leading online pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
Manufacturer Of Acivir 800 Mg (Acyclovir):
Torrent Pharmaceuticals (India) is the one of the top leading Pharmaceutical Company which manufactures Acivir 800 Mg.
Strength Acivir 800 Mg (Acyclovir):
Acyclovir contains Acyclovir, 800 mg per tablet. This medicine may be available in various strengths.
Acivir 800 Mg (Acyclovir) Is Used For The Treatment Of:
It is used in the treatment of:
- Herpes Zoster Infections
- Genital Herpes
How Acivir 800 Mg (Acyclovir) Works:
Acivir 800 Mg having active ingredient Acyclovir, an antiviral medication acts by preventing the multiplication of the virus in human cells which stops the virus from producing new viruses.
Before You Use Acivir 800 Mg (Acyclovir):
You should be sure that:
- You are not allergic to it
- It is not affecting the mother and baby during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- It is not interacting with the medicines you are taking with it
When Not To Use Acivir 800 Mg (Acyclovir):
You should avoid using the Tablets if you:
- Are Allergic/Hypersensitive to it
- If you are taking some medicines or supplements which raise the chances of Allergy or sunburn like Antibiotics and Medicines to treat mood problems
- If you are pregnant/conceiving/Breastfeeding and it is affecting your condition
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Are allergic to Acivir 800 Mg
- Are taking any other medicines for any disease or disorder
- Are using some Herbal Products or over the counter medicine
- Are Pregnant or trying to conceive or breastfeeding as it may harm the unborn or newly born baby
- Accidentally swallowed it
- Have any Pre-existing Skin Disease, or any Surgery
Acivir 800 Mg (Acyclovir) is available in various strengths and as different doses at every leading online pharmacy, drugstore, and medical supply store.
How Much Of Acivir 800 Mg (Acyclovir) Should Be Applied:
You must take the dose as suggested by your doctor. Do not exceed than prescribed and try not to skip for the better effects.
How To Use Acivir 800 Mg (Acyclovir):
Acivir 800 mg should be taken at a fixed time with or without food or as directed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it.
For How Long Should You Continue Applying Acivir 800 Mg (Acyclovir):
You should take these tablets for as long as directed by your physician. Moreover, its effects usually become noticeable (2-3 days to weeks)
Overdose Of Acivir 800 Mg (Acyclovir):
Contact your doctor if you are experiencing overdose symptoms.
Missed Dose Of Acivir 800 Mg (Acyclovir):
A missed dose of Acivir 800 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
Side Effects Of Acivir 800 Mg (Acyclovir):
The side effects of Acivir 800 Mg include:
Swelling and redness at the injection site
- Abdominal pain
- Increased thirst
- Loss of appetite
- Unusual tiredness and weakness
- Black or tarry stools
- Fever with chills
- Unusual bleeding
Drugs Interact With Acivir 800 Mg (Acyclovir):
Using other drugs, herbal supplements, over the counter drugs, or any substances may alter the medicinal effects of Acivir 800 Mg. It may cause either an allergic reaction or a serious adverse effect and may nullify the effect of your tablets. Drugs that are known to interact with Acivir 800 Mg are mentioned below:
Acivir 800 Mg should not be used in
- Hypersensitive conditions
- Sunburnt Skin
- Open wounds and Injured Skin
Warning And Precautions:
- If skin irritation or allergy persists then stop using the tablets and consult your doctor
- Use this tablet with caution in Kidney Impairment and old age people
- It is not recommended for Infants (<2 yrs) and in pregnancy/Breastfeeding
- Never use the expired product.
- Always keep the tablets in proper conditions and out of the reach of children.
- Do not have sex if you have genital sores or blisters. If you're taking Acivir for herpes, you should use barrier methods (condoms) during intercourse because you can still pass the disease on to other people, even if you're taking the medication.
Things To Remember:
- Take plenty of water while taking this medicine to avoid kidney damage and accumulation of the medicine.
- Read the insert of the tube thoroughly.
- Always tell your doctor about your medical history and follow the instructions as directed by the doctor.
How To Store Acivir 800 Mg (Acyclovir):
Keep the tube in a dry, dark and clean place. Avoid refrigeration