Acrotac 10 Mg
USA Brand Name
Sun Pharmaceutical, India
Acrotac 10 Mg (Acitretin)
What Is The Generic Name For Acrotac 10 Mg:
Acitretin is the generic version for Acrotac 10 mg
Which USA Brand is Equivalent To Acrotac 10 mg (Acitretin):
About Acrotac 10 Mg (Acitretin):
Acrotac 10 mg contains an active ingredient Acitretin 10 mg, which is used in the treatment of Acne and Psoriasis. You may buy it from any of the leading online pharmacy stores, drugstores and medical supply stores and can be given by doctor’s prescription only.
Sun Pharmaceuticals (India) is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies which manufacture Acrotac 10 mg.
Acrotac 10 mg contains an active ingredient, Acitretin 10 mg which is available in the various strengths and substitutes at all the leading pharmacy, drugstores, and medical supply stores.
What Are The Uses Of The Acrotac 10 Mg (Acitretin):
Acrotac 10 mg is used in:
How Acrotac 10 Mg (Acitretin) Works:
Acrotac 10 mg (Acitretin) mechanism is not known
Before You Use Acrotac 10 Mg (Acitretin):
Make sure that:
- You are not allergic to Acitretin
- Your doctor knows about your Surgeries, Diseases, Pre-existing disease and Medications, Food Habits, Supplements, etc.)
What Should You Avoid While Taking Acrotac 10 Mg (Acitretin):
You should avoid taking alcohol while you are on this therapy and for 2 months after stopping this therapy as it would increase the risk of side effects
- Avoid dietary supplements containing vitamin A
- Avoid wearing lenses or go out in strong sunlight while on this therapy
- Avoid ultraviolet light
- You should strictly avoid taking Medicines without prescriptions
When Not To Use Acrotac 10 Mg (Acitretin):
You should avoid Acrotac 10 mg if you:
- Have ever noticed any Allergy/Hypersensitivity to it
- Are having severe kidney/liver problems
- Are pregnant/breastfeeding
- You should always consult your doctor for suitable and effective treatment
Tell Your Doctor If You:
- Have hypersensitivity or Allergy
- Have Diabetes (High Sugar Levels)
- Develop bone, joint or muscle pain or have troubles with moving
- Have high levels of cholesterol (Hyperlipidemia)
- Have kidney/Liver Disease
- Are Pregnant/breastfeeding women
- Are having other Diseases, Drugs or Therapies
Acrotac 10 mg contains Acitretin which is used in the treatment of Psoriasis. Acrotac 10 mg is available in various strengths and substitutes and should be given on prescription only. Always consult your doctor before use and ask for the frequency and dosage as age and severity of the disease differ from person to person.
Adults are advised to take Acrotac 10 mg at a fixed time after the meal probably with fatty meal or milk. Do not consume larger or smaller amounts than Prescribed. Take precautions while using this medicine.
How Much Of The Acrotac 10 Mg (Acitretin) to Be Used:
Patients are always advised to follow their doctor’s prescriptions and instructions to take Acrotac 10 mg.
How To Take The Acrotac 10 Mg (Acitretin):
Acrotac 10 mg dose should be taken at a fixed time after the meal or as directed by your doctor. It is preferable to take it with milk or fatty meal. Swallow the capsule as a whole with water without chewing or crushing it. It is better to take it with food to avoid stomach upset.
For How Long Should You Continue Using Acrotac 10 Mg (Acitretin)
You are always advised to take Acrotac 10 mg as prescribed by your doctor. You are not advised to take it in a large amount or for a longer time than recommended.
Contact your doctor immediately if you are suspecting the overdose Symptoms.
A missed dose of Acrotac 10 mg should be taken as soon as you remember. Skip the dose if it is the time for the next dose. Do not double the dose for next time if you missed once.
What Are The Side Effects Of The Acrotac 10 Mg (Acitretin)
- Chapped and Dry Lips
- Peeling Fingertips, Palms, and Soles
- Scaly Skin
- Weak Nails
- Fragile Skin
- Dry Mouth
- Dry Nose
- Visual Disturbances
What Are The Common Drug Interactions:
Few medicines have been reported to interact with Acrotac 10 mg which can produce some adverse effects or cause your drug not to work properly. You should always tell your doctor if you are on Vitamins, other Drugs or Herbal Supplements. It interacts with the following medicines:
- Ethinyl Estradiol
Warning And Precaution:
Acrotac 10 mg should be used very cautiously in:
- Allergy to Acitretin
- Capillary leak syndrome
It is not recommended in Breastfeeding/Pregnant women and Pediatric Population
If you are a woman of child-bearing age and on Acitretin therapy, then you should practice 2 methods of contraception; be sure to tell your doctor the medications that you use, and the doctor will tell you which methods are acceptable
Consult your doctor to get best possible treatment and dosage adjustment in the above conditions
Things To Remember:
- Take the pregnancy tests regularly if you are on treatment with Acitretin and for at least 3 years after you have stopped taking it.
- Do not donate blood to any child bearing woman as it can harm an unborn baby
- Do not share the drug with anyone
- Keep out of reach of children
- Consult your doctor if you have any doubt regarding dose, time, and strength of the Capsule
Do not stop Acrotac 10 mg abruptly or do not take it for longer than recommended by your physician
Store the Acrotac 10 mg at room temperature in dark and dry place. Make sure the strip of the capsules should be intact and not damaged.